one hell of a deal

otherrandomhero

I recently came across this. It is the KJW MK1 gas gun, for $40. I had to blink a few times and shake my head before looking again, but this really was only $40. I have heard the Mk1 is a pretty good gun, and have seen it for around $70 but this is almost half that. I just bought a CA36 with stuff for it and a KJW M93 but would this be worth getting? I usually don't get things just because they're cheap but holy ****, this is one hell of a deal.

I recently came across this. It is the KJW MK1 gas gun, for $40. I had to blink a few times and shake my head before looking again, but this really was only $40. I have heard the Mk1 is a pretty good gun, and have seen it for around $70 but this is almost half that. I just bought a CA36 with stuff for it and a KJW M93 but would this be worth getting? I usually don't get things just because they're cheap but holy ****, this is one hell of a deal.

It is so cheap because it is not full metal.

I'm a little confused by that site. Its an American site, so why do all the prices seem to have British Pound Sterling marks ( £ ) in front of them?? US Dollars is a $.

Is it someone at the site who can't handle the complexity of different currency symbols, and all the guns are in Dollars with the wrong symbol....

... or, are they all in British Sterling for some bizarre reason. £39.99 is about $73.50.

Wrong currency or stupidly cheap price..... hmmmmm.. either way, I don't trust it.

Prices for AEGs are way above what you'd expect to pay for them in pounds. Their address is in Ohio, so I'd say it's a safe bet that they mean USD not GBP. In anycase, getting the currency wrong is quite dodgy, if you were going to buy anything from them I'd suggest contacting them first.

Edit: And it's not like you don't have time to, they're out of stock for the next few days!

When I go on there all the money signs are "$."  Maybe depends on where you access the sight from?  Anyway, I've found their prices to be quite high on the better products.....

I'm seeing pound signs, which seems odd. If the site is detecting where you are, then why am I not seeing Euro's ( € )?

Another theory could be to do with whether your copy of Windows is in American English or Real English (As all the Americans say they see $'s), but mines in neither. My computers default laguage is Finnish, yet I see £'s.

First I thought that site was weird. Now I think it doubly so. The twilight zone currency site!! :D

£££££££ for me

zł for me

It seems that the site tries to be "smart" and presents you with a currency symbol that corresponds to your browser's "country" setting. I see Polish "zł" even when I am connecting to the network via US or other countries than Poland.

The stupid thing is that only the currency symbol changes, not the amount. Silly programmer...

I see 39.99zł (PLN), which is ~13$ (USD).

How come I get the £ sign, though?? If it is changing the currency symbol, based on the computers language settings, I should see a Euro.

No, it's not computer's setting, it's browser's setting. I've changed the language to Finnish and this site shows me EUR.

If you use Mozilla, go to Edit/Preferences, then Navigator/Languages, and check what language you have configured here. As you see GBP symbol, it is probably "English [en]".

PS: nice avatar, good luck with finding your Bren Ten :-)

Archived