Shemagh

michael_collins

i tie my squaddy style- probably doesnt help you much. Basically you fold the big tea-towel that is a shemagh into a triangle and put it upto neck height. Then you cross the two ends over and tighten.

For the arafat style theres a link somewhere on militarymorons.com

It's quite hard to do that way in my opinion.

Didn't have time to post this earlier, so sorry if my post seemed like I wasn't paying attention.

Arafat used to tie his shemagh (though it is called a keffiyeh by Palestinians it would seem) so that it was in the shape of Israel-Palestine. You probably already knew this. It allegedly took him an hour to do every morning, so it seems like the only person who be'd able to tell you how to do it would have been the man hiself.

But there is a another way of tying a head-scarf other than way I've shown there (which is the easier way IMO). Here's another method, but I tried this a few times and couldn't get the hang of it :)

http://www.actiongear.com/agcatalog/shemagh.html

The shemagh is my favourite bit of gear. When it's hot, I wear it loosely around my neck to keep the sun off. You can also wet it too, which is lovely on a hot day. When it's cold, you can wear it like a scarf, or cover your face like so, and it gets pretty warm in there. However, it's not as oppresively hot as thick balaclava. I have worn patrol caps, combat helmets, balaclavas, bush hats and berets skirmishing, but the shemagh is my fave :)

Didn't have time to post this earlier, so sorry if my post seemed like I wasn't paying attention.

Arafat used to tie his shemagh (though it is called a keffiyeh by Palestinians it would seem) so that it was in the shape of Israel-Palestine. You probably already knew this. It allegedly took him an hour to do every morning, so it seems like the only person who be'd able to tell you how to do it would have been the man hiself.

But there is a another way of tying a head-scarf other than way I've shown there (which is the easier way IMO). Here's another method, but I tried this a few times and couldn't get the hang of it :)

http://www.actiongear.com/agcatalog/shemagh.html

The shemagh is my favourite bit of gear. When it's hot, I wear it loosely around my neck to keep the sun off. You can also wet it too, which is lovely on a hot day. When it's cold, you can wear it like a scarf, or cover your face like so, and it gets pretty warm in there. However, it's not as oppresively hot as thick balaclava. I have worn patrol caps, combat helmets, balaclavas, bush hats and berets skirmishing, but the shemagh is my fave :)

This is how I wrapped my shemagh. It was hot so see if there's more comfortable ways of doing it. Also only took me about 10 minutes to get a hang of.

Archived