Inside Man

enzo100

Alright guys, now usually I'm not the type to start these kinda threads, but it's really bugging me as I sit here watching this movie, Inside Man. All of the NYPD SWAT units are weilding MP5s and AR15s however, its driving me mad cause I think the AR15s are actually HK416s, but I can't be certain. Anybody help me out?

Thanks a lot.

-enzo

The M4s used by the NYC ESU officers were Classic Army CQBRs with Aimpoints. There were some other airsoft guns in the film but mentioning exactly when they were used would possibly spoil the plot for some as they were there deliberately.

I've always had a good amount of admiration for Spike Lee and he didn't leave me hanging with this film. Do the Right Thing will always be the movie that defines him in my mind but this is worth seeing for those of you who haven't yet.

I was actually thinking throughout the whole movie whether it would be using airsoft guns, especially considering how familiar the CQBR's looked since I owned one. The AK's reminded me of TM's, and the magnum looked like a Tanaka M629. As for the rest of the movie, I thought it had some funny moments, but overall I thought it was a little predictable and wasn't impressed.

Here are a couple screencaps from blackfilm.com (can't seem to find the CQBR):

019_l.jpg

015_l.jpg

hehe, how about the video game on the PSP? I wish they actually made that game :D..

Anyone find a pic of the CQBRs in the movie?

It's actually a good flick, even if you don't care for Spike Lee and/or his movies. It's good to see that the movie biz is using more airsoft and not just the old resin/rubber guns they've used for years.

I thought the kid was going to use the PSP to connect to the internet and chat with Denzel, it was the one mistake Clive Owen's character made.

Archived