G19 Slide Issues

Jonny

Out of the many problems I appear to be experiencing with G19 is the slide falling off the gun. The slide catch seems just as good as my G17 and I can't for the life of me figure out why it's doing what it is. It doesnt happen all the time, but could happen 5 times in a row, or just randomly. After racking the slide or firing it, the return stroke then throws the slide right off the frame lol. Here is a video, just because I thought it was an amusing problem, anybody that has an answer, feel free to make an addition to this thread.

http://www.mrjon.org/download/_VIDEO/G19_Slide.wmv

[4.00 MB WMV]

+1 To anybody that knows what the eff the problem is

I have EXATCLY the same problem.

the inner barrel is worn away where it meets the takedown bar. My problem started when i dropped the gun :(

it can still work if you keep a mag in the gun, but i dont know what stress it will put on the mag.

I looked at the slide take down lever and sure enough it was in backwards. I've removed the trigger components and everything, except I can't remove the metal inner frame, because the slide take down lever is in the way and I can't figure out how to slide it out lol.

I successfully put it back together, and when using a new G&G barrel it still happens... now im offically stumped. However what is intresting is that it doesnt fly of as often so it may have appeared that something worked, but theres still a little something else as it would appear.

Are you sure the locking lever is in right? I have a feeling that the cause was the worn outer barrel and then you flipped the lever so now it's not working with the G&G barrel.

The taller flat side of the lever with the two square divots should be facing the rear of the gun.

sry to waste your time, but that video wasnt that funny, but then when your hand exspretion (wow, i'm a bad speller) was like "WTF!!!" i just cracked up, also ur wallpaper, way to be man, my wallpaper is so girlie i wont even tell you what is it, my mom was like, "WE WILL PAINT UR ROOM THIS WEEK", well, its been 3 months mommy :)

WOoo, thank you Vicious it was that friggin slide catch too... put in the G&G barrel as well and the gun has fired minty. I lent it out to my buddy for a game, he didnt have a single problem with it!

Archived