Double Eagle M50 Sniper Rifle

the_viral_phantom

[..]P.S. he hasent posted himself cos hes scared of forums.

LOL :P:D RAAAARHHHHHHHhhh!!! ;)

TBH you typically get what you pay for in airsoft. And "cheap sniper rifle" is a contradiction in terms. To get a sniper rifle to be any decent you have to spend a fair bit on upgrades - I have no idea if that rifle you posted can be upgraded. The (inner) barrel and spring are typically what need to be upgraded. Then you'll want a decent bipod and scope.

At £104 it'd be ok for some back garden plinking but to take to a 'serious' skirmish you'd be better off with a standard AEG rifle. And ignore that site... you would not want to be a sniper shooting 430fps with 0.12g BBs!! Snipers use heavier grade ammo for better accuracy and at 325fps with 0.2g.... :(

Sniper is a rather attractive role, especially for new people to the sport - we discussed that in some other thread somewhere (but can't remember where now :P). I think we settled on the advice (or at least I did :P) that new people wanting to be snipers should attempt to hang out with people who've invested their money to really see what it's like to be an airsoft sniper. Lots of people try to break into the sport as a sniper but then end up moving away to assault-styled roles.

Here's a good link for you're mate: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=14146

;)

ohh someone's rich :P Spare a tenner? Can you make it a fifty? J/K :P

The Marui VSR-10 Pro-Sniper or G-Spec version is a good bet, easily upgradable if your m8 wants to invest the cash after deciding he likes it ;) Now the USR 11 is a clone of the TM VSR so as evilliboba says it's better than what you're looking at but the build quality won't be as high as the TM.

http://www.airsoftscotland.com/acatalog/Sniper_Rifles.html

I would like to add that the quality of the quality of the HFC USR 11 is actually very very good. The only thing that lets it down is the shiny stock. If he can save up and get the G-Spec i would recommend this because of the excellent hop up. Overwise i would go for the USR 11.

Hope this helps.

Thxs all ill tell him to get a HFC USR11  and does anyone know if the litefighter woodland  place is any good cos ive just moved up near it.

Lightfighter is a great site. However their woodland is no longer at Otley, but at bramham park. However their woodland events are few and far between because the site managers at bramham are :blink:

However there are other sites such as LFU (flash as fook :D ) and my home site (see sig)

Archived