Force Recon kit discussion.

Tunershark

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Black Dog I really like your "CQB" loadout! What vest is it? Only thing I would change on your woodland loadout is to limit the amount of marpat. It seems a bit overdone to me, the CB vest that you are wearing in the CQB picture would go well with your woodland loadout as well.

Bilvo: Don't know if you've checked out Proud Tactical but they have a few items that looks similiar to the ones in FR pics on the web. Heres a few if you haven't already looked (sorry if pics are to big, if they are just say the word an i'll remove 'em) :

p1010019new.jpg

http://www.proudtacticalgear.com/index.php...emart&Itemid=31

p5250045.jpg

p1010066p.jpg

The "vest" is a BHI Recon Chest Harness in Coyote Tan with underneith a BEEZ Body Armor Carrier in Coyote Brown. There are Coyote tan pouches attached from BHI en SO Tech (shingle).

..The vest in the "Jungle" style is actually the same, but this time with the chest bib tucked away and marpat pouches attached from DirtyDaggerUSA.

It's not very "realistic"...but in damn efficiant in the field

normal_blackdog.jpg

"HRT" (Hostage Rescue Team) is part of the FBI, essentially their SWAT team. The Marines have FAST (Fleet Anti-terrorist Security Teams), which are just glorified infantry teams with some special training. Marine Security Guards (who guard the US Embassies) carry MP5s, but that's about it.

Yes, Force Recon used to use MP5s. They probably stored them the same way they store their AR magazines.

Bilvo: Don't know if you've checked out Proud Tactical but they have a few items that looks similiar to the ones in FR pics on the web. Heres a few if you haven't already looked (sorry if pics are to big, if they are just say the word an i'll remove 'em) :

Hey thnx for the pics and links, but I already ordered the BHI Hydration Pack. Got that and my CSM Dump Pouch coming... Also should get a black holster and is a Mk23 Socom alright or should get a 1911 or something?

• 2 weeks later...

The MFR's MEUs are all recycled Colt M1911s from WWII and vietnam. They're modified with an extended beavertail and grips, mainly. Some of the weapons are over 60 years old. Replacement parts have to be custom machined, because Colt no longer makes it.

Replacement parts have to be custom machined, because Colt no longer makes it.

Not true. The only parts made by Colt are the frames and in some cases the slides. Everything else is from third party manufacturers (Wilson, Wolf, Ed Brown, etc.) except for the sights which are made with the gun by armorers in Quantico. Now some of these parts require machine work to fit specific guns and ensure reliability, but they are not made from scratch.

according to this book I have called "SPECIAL OPS" it says the following:

"The MEU(SOC) is hand-built by specially trained armorers at the rifle team equipment shop in Quantico, Virginia." p.48 Now whether or not this of relevence, i'm just throwing this out there to see what anyone has to say about that.

Archived