New USAF Uniform

vtsfan

You mean the proposed Hyperstealth digital DPM/Spec4ce Forest?

Guy hasn't said anything about it....

In fact, the MOD sent him packing originally, just becuase he's not a British citizen! However, the Yanks found a way to get around that - so maybe the MOD have as well. Or, they took what they learned from HyperStealth and did it themselves.....

Guy hasn't said anything about it....

In fact, the MOD sent him packing originally, just becuase he's not a British citizen!  However, the Yanks found a way to get around that - so maybe the MOD have as well.  Or, they took what they learned from HyperStealth and did it themselves.....

Yep, I linked to and quoted the news article on Hyperstealth's website about them saying they can't deal with him because he isn't a British citizen.

Although, I do think that that is what 1st Commando is thinking of.

I have heard nothing of digitalised camouflage being bought in by the MOD.

They have just started issuing DPM 2005 which is interesting. It uses the set up on S95 (canadian buttons, pocket locations etc) , the colour scheme of S2000 (slightly lighter shades of green and brown than S95) and the jackets are made of a combination of S94 and S95 material (the tough cotton and ripstop essentially).

From what i've heard, theres talk of Brits swapping back to barrack dress at all times except on exercise/operations to withdraw S95s from service. However, there is nothing wrong with soldier 95s. Sure, its 2006, but the kit is still good, if you over look the S95 trousers ripping at the knees easily...

I'm glad you think so

although I have never understood how nothing can be correct if it's not on a website.

also nothing on a website can be wrong ,can it ?

:)

It's not that it's not on a website, it's that you refuse to give out any information, which could be understandable in other circumstances, but not when you start going on about a new camouflage pattern, and any research into the issue comes up with the fact that it was thrown out straight away, but you still keep saying that it's supposed to be coming in.

It can be correct, if you explain yourself a little better. Anybody can pull a story out their *albartroth* and start saying "PERSEC/OPSEC".

From what i've heard, theres talk of Brits swapping back to barrack dress at all times except on exercise/operations to withdraw S95s from service. However, there is nothing wrong with soldier 95s. Sure, its 2006, but the kit is still good, if you over look the S95 trousers ripping at the knees easily...

they appear to have fixed that with the S2000 gear though by reinforcing the knees

Misfit - I'm less bothered about Opsec than i am about people getting in trouble

Just forget I said anything , obviously I'm just telling stories ;)

:unsure:

While what 1st Commando said may well be true, here's something he said last November:

DPM is going in the next 6-8 months completely and front line "at risk" troops will have it replaced by christmas !! the replacement is a digital camoflage system like MARPAT to counter a new found shortfall in the IRR qualities of DPM which has caused quite a storm this week.

Yet we still haven't seen any digital camo in Iraq or Afghanistan. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

they appear to have fixed that with the S2000 gear though by reinforcing the knees

Misfit - I'm less bothered about Opsec than i am about people getting in trouble

Just forget I said anything , obviously I'm just telling stories  ;)

:unsure:

It certainly looks that way. When/if it comes in, I'll apologise, but for now, I'll just keep to thinking that you're blatting on about something that got thrown out ages ago. :)

Got some news on this new "Digital DPM" now.

I was chatting with Guy Cramer, the bloke who owns/runs Hyperstealth, and asked him about the SPEC4CE Forest, and apparently, they've sent the SPEC4CE Forest pattern to the MoD, under the FIST program at the request of a Canadian soldier working with the MoD.

Archived