BE guns

the_viral_phantom

Well, after 6+ months of faithful service, my first BE XM8 just broke. It looks like the tappet plate has been stripped out of place, but I'm going to break it down tonight. I have the early version too, the plastic gearbox (helpful to see inside what's wrong :D )

Still, for only $100, it's served quite well. But I only used it as a "filler" gun from my CA SLR to my G&G RK 103, so I really don't recomend using it as a long term gun you know?

ok so my first post was really the ramblings of a mad man but are the metal gear boxs able to hold there own in a skirmish against stock guns because im thinking of getting my brother one just to start him off in airsoft and is there any reviews of the JG drouganov.

Thxs Viral.

i hear the JG aks (including the svd) are great as long as they have a metal V3 GB

I've got a BE SL8 and (before it broke, completely my fault, now waiting on a new inner barrel unit thingy!) it easily heald its own against TMs and CAs. However, i have heard bad things about reliability (somewhere on this site) looks like i might just have got a good one! :D

I have the BE sl8 and G36k MGB versions.

both are excellent and reliable so far, build quality is good but beware as both of mine were caked in dust when they came. a bit of a clean and they look lovely.

the g36 gearbox has been upgraded with a promethus silent piston and head and a m100 spring.

Gears all look good and the motor and battery turn it over perfectly.

the only thing i would recommend is changing the inner barrels as the stock aluminium ones are a bit poor, but ok if you dont mind less accuracy.

well worth it for the money.

Archived