Pistol Combat

FireKnife

:) Anyone in the Southwest interested in the idea of a CQB with pistols only. Just to practice and get used to the often forgotten back-up. If anyone is really interested and i get enough people involved then i will setup an event.

:):):) Lets lock and load.

btw This will mean all pistol based side arms so M93r's and Glock 18C's will be allowed but no MAC 10's or 11's (are you mad??????).

Mac 11 on semi only is really just a large (hopelessly inaccurate :huh: ) pistol. :P

I think you'll find most sites (especially CQB sites) will do a pistols/shotties only game if you bring it up at the briefing, obviously it'll only be one game on the day.

I find these games great fun (no morons with hi-caps holding their triggers down for 20-30 seconds at a time :angry::D ) and are a real leveller, rewarding the more tactical (read 'sneaky') players.

Not sure the fun wouldn't wear off though if it was a whole day with just pistols.

maybe let a few AEGs in on each side for some games, sort of in a support/marksman role, 2 or 3 a side...

Sledge was looking into organizing a similar event some time back, See here...

There was a lot of interest, so maybe it's time to resurrect the idea, although this time of year isn't ideal for gas guns, unless you can get an indoor venue.

The mac 11 really is just a big pistol, I'd allow it.  If you really wanted to be creative, allow MP5K's, PDW's, and other small AEG's with realcaps only, limit 2-3 magazines or so per person.

Cheers,

Daniel

I'd say you should make it single shot only pistols, otherwise those going with just pistols (since it's a hell of a lot more fun and challenging with pistols) will most likely get owned by some chump with two automatic GBB's.

Pistols only would definately be awesome, if you are desperate for something else to liven it up, why not allow shotguns too, but I reckon anything full auto and thered be severe bias.

I'd say you should make it single shot only pistols, otherwise those going with just pistols (since it's a hell of a lot more fun and challenging with pistols) will most likely get owned by some chump with two automatic GBB's.

Pistols only would definately be awesome, if you are desperate for something else to liven it up, why not allow shotguns too, but I reckon anything full auto and thered be severe bias.

i TOTALLY agree. i dont think going up against someone with a mp5k when all you have is a 1911, not fair IMO. pistols only nothing that is auto in any way. that would be good. and i definately think indoors will be the way to go, but outdoors is good too!!!! :D

i thought mac11's were classed as a sub-machine gun, not a machine pistol?

Not according to apocalypse now (movies being the be-all end-all source of information of every kind, of course, haha ;) Im not quoting this to prove anything, more because its just one of my favorite movie quotes ever. )

CHARLIE

(continuing)

You know bodyguard; he was a captain in Viet Nam. You talk to him, except he won't talk. This kind of man can kill you with his pinky. A nice quiet fella, though.

The view begins to pull away from this group.

CHARLIE

(continuing)

Carries a attache case at all times. You know what's in it ? (another sip) An Ingram Machine pistol.

i TOTALLY agree. i dont think going up against someone with a mp5k when all you have is a 1911, not fair IMO.

If we both have the same number of rounds, Id take my hicapa over the mp5k any day of the week.

For those interested, Epsom Urban run pistol, shotty and low cap mag only games on the last Wednesday of the month at their underground tunnel complex.

And very good they are too :D

On the pistol wielding front, it's all about practice, once you know what you are doing and can use a pistol affectively then there is no reason why you shouldn't take on AEG's, its great fun and more satisfying.

Imagine how good a small area, filled with big gassy bang's would be!

Thats why i use a grenade launcher as my backup!

seriously though, though im sure the potential for fun is there, since i sold my glock i've experienced no difference whatsoever while gaming, except that i now have space on my leg for other stuff.

Darkchild

To me, the thing about this is LIMITED AMMO AND MAGAZINE CHANGING. I don't mind taking on a guy with an AEG with a handgun. I have gotten kills and not been killed doing it.

i TOTALLY agree. i dont think going up against someone with a mp5k when all you have is a 1911, not fair IMO. pistols only nothing that is auto in any way. that would be good. and i definately think indoors will be the way to go, but outdoors is good too!!!! :D

I think having autos is VERY fair. Again, read what I wrote-LIMITED REALCAPS, AS IN LIKE IT WOULD BE IN REAL, I SAY AGAIN, REAL, LIFE. 2-3 magazines per AEG to keep things sane, realcaps only. For that matter, if you wanted to be really realistic, load your handguns to what they would be in real life, 7 rounds for a .45 caliber sinlge stacker (1911's) 15 for your double stack 9mm's (M9's, Sig's, and what-not). How's that, 7 vs. 15? Real fights arnen't fair, so stop talking about trying to make things "even". How about you go give Chechnya a few tanks and some night vision so they can fight the Russians on even ground?

No offense inteded from me mate, just think before you talk.

Cheers,

Daniel

Archived