In general, Deans connectors are better overall. They have less resistence and take up very little space. In all of my Crane and Vltor stocks I use Deans. Actually, I use Deans on all my guns regardless of whether or not space is an issue. For example, on my 6 position stock I have a battery strapped to the stock. I use Deans connectors there too as it's less noticable.

Deans FTW! :)

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking of getting the 10.5" at the end of the month.

I'm going to fit a G&G GR16 SOPMOD Tactical Stock. (I don't like the look of the M4 collapsable stock)

I'll stick with the PEQ2 battery box.

I know that it has been discussed on here but just to be sure before I splash the cash, the trigger problems can be solved by replacing the 'switch block' with the systema switch block (ver 2) for M4, XM, CAR15. I know people have been talking about 'trigger' problems but I expect that the problem is the electronics not the mechanics.

I'm thinking of getting the 10.5" at the end of the month.

I'm going to fit a G&G GR16 SOPMOD Tactical Stock. (I don't like the look of the M4 collapsable stock)

I'll stick with the PEQ2 battery box.

I know that it has been discussed on here but just to be sure before I splash the cash, the trigger problems can be solved by replacing the 'switch block' with the systema switch block (ver 2) for M4, XM, CAR15. I know people have been talking about 'trigger' problems but I expect that the problem is the electronics not the mechanics.

You'll soon find out that it will be too front heavy with Peq2/battery.

i know this is the VFC thread but my AP showed up today!!!!!! so i had to show you all the almost finished hurricane hk416.

i have some magpul rail covers on the way and working on getting a surefire m951 weapon light.  :D

IMG_0589.JPG

Is that the Wilcox mount? I just got the quarder mount for $18 shipped and it seems to be the same hight. I think Wilcox mounts are like $60 right? or more for shipping.

LEAVE HEADHUNTER! no one likes ur hurricane hk416...!!

hhehe jk.. nice rifle you got there.

i will get my pics up soon.. i already took the pics.. just gotta upload

LOL, :P im going to start my own hurricane HK416 thread then....

i love all HK416's. cant wait to see yours. and since onslaught is copying me i cant wait to see his too... :P j/k bud.

Edited by Headhunter3

Damn you guys, everytime I think I am strong and go back to the M16 I see either Headhunter or Onslaught talking about the HK416. Or someone posting a picture. It just makes me want one soooo bad. I have even gone to lengths of making a shopping list with what I want to buy. Here it is copy and pasted.

HK416-

VFC HK416 14.5" (from UnCo)

-G&P Extended Battery Buttstock (Black, Installed) or HurricanE HK417 Stock (Havn't decided)

-Systema Low Resistance Switch Assembly (Installed)

From Airsoft GI-

-G&P 9.4v 2200mAh Battery for Extended Battery Buttstock ( Ni-MH )

-Large to Small Batter Connector(To be modded to convert the Mini end to Deans)

-MAG M16 Mid-Caps

Total-$671.50+Shipping

I think I may hold off the Mid-caps for now. That is alittle expensive for my blood at the moment. Which is the main reason I am having trouble deciding between the CA M15A4 and the VFC HK416.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Sarge133

http://www.cobraairsoft.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=2876

will that battery be able to fit into the PEQ that comes with the VFC Hk416?

EDIT*

LOL sarge, i made a shopping list too :)

VFC HK416 Super DX version

VFC HK416 Hicap Mag

Magpul PTS MIAD grip

VFC HK416 Tactical foregrip

King arms rail covers.

Intellect Battery, dunno which one yet.

Edited by 0nslaught

well you know what im going to say...... :D

to me the HK416 is a unique gun in that it is new, it is new to airsoft as well and so far no one i play with has it. so thats pretty special to me. until i see alpha54, pingpong, onslaught and sarge on my field i think im ok..... :P

looks like you got a great list going. if you already have mags i would hold off too.

and i know you dont like the hurricane stock but i would at least consider it. ive had just about every stock you can think of and the hurricane hk416 is the best one so far. the battery slides in from the back, connects easily and has no wobble at all. the only downside is that it does look "fake" a little bit by being shiny and plasticy looking. but thats a small price to pay for a great stock. if you go with that you can put a 9.6v 3300 in it as well.

are you coming to the darkside yet...... :devil: