Yeah, after looking up the HK416 a bit, I am starting to think about making a Blackwater USA kit. Some 5.11 pants, a MOLLE vest and a pair of shooting glasses and I am off to a good start for a pennysofter.

yeah you could do that, and, rumor has it that D*L*A and some other invisible units have adopted the HK416 as well..... :whistling:

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after installing a Systema siwtch assembly (and a ball bearing spring guide, metal bushings, Duracon ball bearing piston head and a KA selector plate) I thought that everything would shoot normally (no more siezing in full-auto). Amazingly, my HK416 doesn't sieze up in full auto, but unfotunately, when I switch it into semi, the gun decides to shoot full auto. Thankfully, auto shoots auto, but here's the wierd part: When I flip it to semi, I can shoot it in semi as long as I don't pull the trigger all the way back. If I pull it all the way back, it fires in full auto. I'm thinking it has something to do with the cut-off lever possibly not making good contact with the sector gear and/or the switch assembly. So what should I do/replace?

P.S. This is really frustrating because 1) if you pay $490 for an airsoft gun, it should come perfect 2) if you purchase upgrade parts to fix previous problems only to be greeted by new problems, it starts getting ridiculous. At least the externals look good...especially with an M68 Aimpoint :D

Thanks!

Edited by -[K!LLA]-

Hey everyone, after looking up the G&P stock I found it takes Deans connectors. But how would I go about charging one of these babies? I use just a normal wall charger if thats any help. If I need to get a new charger for it, please remember I am VERY pressed on money for this project as is. As in, MAYBE being able to spend $20-$30 on something like this.

So...I'd have to cut the Large bit of my charger off, and soldier (sp?) on the Deans?

yup.. just Cut, solder and shrink wrap (or E-tape.. )

Headhunter3: i didnt wish for a bushnell... jk haha.. Nice gun!

hmm.. now what optics should I get...

i guess imma wait a few months.. im broke right now.. heh

I just replaced my switch - worked beautifully.

What I did was: I took the VFC switch out, which if you're familiar with a V2 gearbox at all, shouldn't be a problem - it's just one screw holding it in, after you get the wires all out of their channels.

Then, I unscrewed the face plate from the VFC switch, and carefully removed all the contacts and wires. I then did the same to the Systema switch, and transfered everything from the VFC to the Systema - this way, I did not need to get a Systema selector plate.

Now, the newly assembled switch was a little too big vertically to fit back in, so a little sanding took care of that until I was able to fit it in. There were also a few little nubs on the back that are not present on the VFC - again, sanding them off took care of that. Buttoned it back up, and now the gun shoots beautifully.

However, for the life of me, I could not figure out a way to wire it to the stock, there was not nearly enough room to route the wires back through the gearbox, and the body is sooo tight around the mechbox that externally routing it didn't seem to work either.

Those of you who have rewired it to the stock - did you snip the round plugs off the gearbox and solder it to new wires? Did you keep your fuse? What's the best "channel" to get the wires to the rear? I've seen several methods discussed in this thread, but none of them worked for me at all for some reason, and I spent hours on this yesterday...

Edited by n00bTard

Ok what kind of switch assembly do I need to use,the one meant for the M4A1,XM177,CAR15, or the one meant for all ver 2 gearboxes except the M4A1,XM177,CAR15?Also howox before and Ii hard is it rewire as I have never opened a gearbox before and I'am debating if I should just have a shop do it for me.

The only difference between the two, is that the one is designed to route the battery connection wires forward to the handguard, the other routes them back to the stock.

Here's my findings:

You'll need a systema selector plate, unless you swap the wires around within the plastic switch assembly like I did. But, then if you do that, you're definitely still routing the wires forward to the handguard, and not back to the stock. Also, you end up still using the round VFC connections to the fuse. You could snip and solder these to longer wires and different plugs though and route it however you like. This is what I was going to try, but could not find a route that I was comfortable with that wouldn't crush the wires.

If you keep the systema switch and wires, they have more universal connections that you can use with whatever wiring you like, or solder straight to some tamiya connections. Either way, the systema switch "casing" will need some mods to fit.

If you get the one meant to route to the stock: once in the gearbox, I found the channels to route wires waaay too small to try and route the wires through the box and out the back. If anyone has accomplished this, please let me know how you did it!

If you're comfortable with V2 gearboxes, it's a very simple fix. However, getting the gearbox out of this gun I've found to quite a PITA. I would not recommend this for your first experience taking an M4-style gun and gearbox apart.