Deepfire Titanium piston

CerberusCO

Looking for people with actual experience - not "I read somewhere on the internet that..."

Yeah - I have one in my CA36c, it's fine. I run an M100 in that AEG. Before I sold it I also had one in my CA CQB (the stock yellow CA piston stripped when the gearset chucked a tooth).

• 5 months later...

2 joules is around 460 fps if I recall correctly, and even 630 fps is far from being able to kill a grown person. I can't be arsed to calculate the exact velocity of 2 joules with a .2g BB right now. Energy does not multiply linear with velocity. To get two times the muzzle velocity, you'd need four times the energy.

The DF titanium tooth piston needs to be modified a bit before it runs smooth. First off the rear of the tooth rack isn't chamfered for the spring. Just compare it to the rear of the piston and you'll see where to file it. Second, try to move it back and forth with the sector gear installed in the gearbox. You'll notice that the first tooth is far too large, and hits the sector gear everytime the piston goes forward. The first tooth must be lowered, and preferably chamfered from the heel as well to allow the flat portion of the sector gear to go past it in a smooth fashion. Then, lower the second tooth to prevent the sector gear from engaging it prematurely.

With these mods the piston works very smoothly.

-Sale

2 joules is around 460 fps if I recall correctly, and even 630 fps is far from being able to kill a grown person. I can't be arsed to calculate the exact velocity of 2 joules with a .2g BB right now. Energy does not multiply linear with velocity. To get two times the muzzle velocity, you'd need four times the energy.

The DF titanium tooth piston needs to be modified a bit before it runs smooth. First off the rear of the tooth rack isn't chamfered for the spring. Just compare it to the rear of the piston and you'll see where to file it. Second, try to move it back and forth with the sector gear installed in the gearbox. You'll notice that the first tooth is far too large, and hits the sector gear everytime the piston goes forward. The first tooth must be lowered, and preferably chamfered from the heel as well to allow the flat portion of the sector gear to go past it in a smooth fashion. Then, lower the second tooth to prevent the sector gear from engaging it prematurely.

With these mods the piston works very smoothly.

-Sale

sorry bud I'm not used to the Joule system but yes 630 fps could kill some one if you hit them in the right place multiple times

When it comes to that, you could technically shoot someone to death with a weak springer pistol. Just shoot in the same spot long enough.

Please learn to use the quote system to keep the thread tidy.

-Sale

Archived