Kit List for PMCs in MGS4?

Alex Schmalex

replicating any "look" depends entirely on the funds and/or desire of the perosn to do something "exactly"- if they are trying to ge the "feel" of a look- in the case of MSG4, I'd say this "feel" is a sort of modern bad-guy western para-military type.

while a modular vest is certainly the way forward to get the look "exact", if the person would prefer not to use modular (I can see why- used to own an SDS plate carrier and I never really got on with it...), then he can certainly use non-modular vests while still maintaining the "feel" of the look. Again, any kind of modern chest rig in a non-camo design would probably get the general "feel down rather nicely.

And, ok, I know I'm going to make a few people cry here, but Airsoft does not necessarily call for people to have the best kit out there at any price- sure, if you want it, and you have the spare cash, get it. But its still only a game, and buying cheap kit is the easiest way for many people to play without breaking their bank.

No, its not the same quality, but frankly I've used el cheapo stuff far more than I've used "professional grade" stuff, and I've experienced very few problems with breakages or wearing out.

Crazy Harry, in this case specifically I'm not sure if you could actually capture the essence of the MGS4 PMCs without modular gear.

I mean, the very point almost at the heart of the game is that the PMCs are now better armed and equipped than any of the world's armies, and should therefore have pretty advanced gear to reflect this... especially considering that the kitlist that EddieT has just posted seems to pretty much be their "uniform".

I mean, obviously a "PMC" look could be pulled off with 5.11 gear and non-modular equipment, however I just feel that doing the same for an "MGS4 PMC" look would be creatively interpreting a bit too far.

my 2p

sure, I'm with you on that, but my point is that anyone seeking to create a look that has the feel of something in the real or gaming world can interpret that look almost pretty much how they like- you'll always get people who don't agreethat you've nailed the look, but so long as you're happy with it, it doesn't matter that much in the grand scheme of things.

Certainly, the higher end look of the PMCs is a big deal, but its not insurmountable for someone on a tight budget, and I don't really think the modular thing is, either- you won't get an exact replication, but you're getting near the feel, and thats the main thing.

Again, to re-iterate my previous post, "impression" is always open to interpretation. we not might all agree with the interpretation, but thats cool.

Its a bit like art, in that sense. Some people think its not art unless its exact, others don't have a problem with things not seeming that way.

I concur. Protecs FTW.

It's really too bad that the EBR isn't a chopmod and has a 20" bbl on it.... :(

EDIT: The new complete kitlist, taken from those previously listed and including previously posted items that were not included on the list:

Protec Ace Helmet or HSGI Ballcap

Wilcox Nightvison Mount

Bolle T800 Goggles

Peltor Comatc II with w/comms Setup

Any Brand Balaclava

Mechanic Heavy Duty 4.0 gloves

USMC SPEAR Fleece

Eagle CIRAS Land

Eagle MCLS Admin Pouch

Eagle MCLS Double M4 Mag Pouch x4

Paraclete NVG Pouch

Eagle MCLS MBITR Radio Pouch

MBITR Radio

Paraclete Upright Medium GP Pouch

Eagle MCLS Gas Mask Carrier

TAG Quadruple Flashbang Pouch

SOTech Double/Triple Shingle

Eagle MCLS M60 Pouch/Dump Pouch

5.11 Tactical Pants

Oakley Assault Boots

HSGI Padded Molle Belt

Eagle MCLS Grenade Pouch x2

Eagle MCLS 40mm Greade Pouch x4

Safariland 6004 Holster

Alta Knee Pads

M4

-ARMS #40L Flipup Rear Sights

-PRI Flipup Front Sights

-KAC RAS

-KAC Vertical Grip

-LE Stock

Options

-M203 w/vertical grip (and yes one exists)

-EOTech 551

-Aimpoint

M14 EBR (long)

-USO SN-4 scope or other shortdot scope

-20" barrel w/ M1A flashhider (M14 flashhider, minus one bayonet lug)

1911, very probably a SiG GSR

-Tritium Sights

-Strider Gunner Grips?

-Get a lanyard (Gemtech's the best)

Specific loadouts are for people willing and able to spend the cash.  For those on a tight budget, actual loadouts are not exactly the best option, especially ones that consist entirely of gucci gear.

certainly, EXACT loadouts are for people with the ability to either buy gucci or source rare/antique stuff.

but getting an IMPRESSION down does not call for this- I can happily do a VN impression with knock-off tigerstripe, some used ALICE gear from the local army surplus store, and a set of el cheapo jungle boots.

no, its not EXACT or accurate, but its a general impression, and it serves my purposes without actually breaking my bank.

horses for courses, I suppose.

Took another look at the piccy.

Looks like it's the EBR chopmod, 18" bbl, and the Smith Enterprise, Inc. USCG muzzlebreak... which is not currently being produced in airsoft format. I wonder if TM is going to do a limited edition EBR with that flashhider when MGS4 launches....

So the much more better list:

Protec Ace Helmet or HSGI Ballcap

Wilcox Nightvison Mount

Bolle T800 Goggles

Peltor Comatc II with w/comms Setup

Any Brand Balaclava

Mechanic Heavy Duty 4.0 gloves

USMC SPEAR Fleece

Eagle CIRAS Land

Eagle MCLS Admin Pouch

Eagle MCLS Double M4 Mag Pouch x4

Paraclete NVG Pouch

Eagle MCLS MBITR Radio Pouch

MBITR Radio

Paraclete Upright Medium GP Pouch

Eagle MCLS Gas Mask Carrier

TAG Quadruple Flashbang Pouch

SOTech Double/Triple Shingle

Eagle MCLS M60 Pouch/Dump Pouch

5.11 Tactical Pants

Oakley Assault Boots

HSGI Padded Molle Belt

Eagle MCLS Grenade Pouch x2

Eagle MCLS 40mm Greade Pouch x4

Safariland 6004 Holster

Alta Knee Pads

M4

-ARMS #40L Flipup Rear Sights

-PRI Flipup Front Sights

-KAC RAS

-KAC Vertical Grip

-LE Stock

Options

-M203 w/vertical grip (and yes one exists)

-EOTech 551

-Aimpoint

MK14 Mod 0 EBR chopmod

-USO SN-4 scope or other shortdot scope

-Crazy Horse 18" barrel

-SEI USCG M14 muzzlebreak

1911, very probably a SiG GSR

-Tritium Sights

-Strider Gunner Grips?

-Get a lanyard (Gemtech's the best)

• 2 months later...

How about figuring out what an MGS4 PMC would wear in warm weather? I mean, since fleece isn't exactly the best thing to wear in the middle of Summer... oh, wait. They're wearing that ###### in the middle of the desert during the day.

Well, if they were human, what do you figure they would wear?

Archived