Pistol Wars

FireKnife

At the end of many good (and bad) action films their is always a huge pistol and smg shoot-out. I was interested in doing an airsoft version so if anyone in the U.K. South-West (Somerset and surrounding counties or anyone interested) is interested then i can try and setup a game for pistols only (with the odd G18c or M93r)

The rules would be the same as a normal game, if hit then you record it at the safe zone and then join back in. The limit would be up to 2 Semi-auto GBB / NBB or 1 Semi and Full-auto GBB or AEP. The mag limit would be 4 in total but extra rounds may be held loose and gas would be available in the safe zone. Teams would be of equal size and their would be either a central objective (briefcase of money) or a 'which team kills the most'.

Any extra ideas would be appreciated.

'FireKnife'

If i were you I wouldnt limit the number of mags, but limit the number of rounds in magazines (not to each individual mag, but in total) otherwise youll have some people with 4 mags each holding 28 rounds versus somebody with only 15 rounds in each mag,,

If you limited the amount of loaded ammo (into how ever many mags they want) to 100, then it'd be much fairer.

limiting rounds sort of defeats the purpose of a pistol skirmish inpsired by the big pistol shoot-outs at the end of films, surely?

afterall, Ole' Chow only ever runs out when its suitably dramatic :)

I'd say bring as many guns and mags as you can carry, loaded as high or as low as you like, and play accordingly- and I'd totally allow gas smgs and any type of shot gun into the mix too, just for *suitcases* and giggles :)

the great joy, for me, of airsoft pistol games is that gas and reliability issues, coupled with temperature and sheer dumb luck, can mean you end up with some dude with a couple of el cheapo HFC m190s or KWA glocks totally pwning everyone else with their spiffy WA 1911s- for some reason, pistols are the great leveller in airsoft in ways that AEGs, with the sheer quantity of upgrades out there, will never be.

I think that's why I love pistol/shotgun only games

the key element of a pistol only game is FUN, and this is best achieved, in my experience, by letting people play how they want to play

You guys should try springer pistol games somedays. I don't know how Airsoft as a hobby evolved with you, but I started at the age of 14 with mates, and all had springer pistols.

Later even the most hardcore AEG upgrade maniacs have admitted that springer pistol games are the most action-paced and fun rounds during a day of gaming.

Naturally I also fully support pistol games with more advanced pistols.

-Sale

Well, I dont live anywhere near you guys, BUT, since our sport is still under threat, I think that a Pistol/Shotgun charity event is required to show the UK populus that Airsoft isnt all Guns, Noise and Dead Bodies!

Since we raised over £1800 at the last one, this event could really swing the population back round, but that's for th VCRB board...

I love springer games, Infact I ALWAYS carry a TM Springer, to do ye olde humiliation kills (speedloaders are better lol).

I would be interested if I was staying with my Uncle (Nr. Bristol) and could go.

How about the limitation used at those zombie survival games (the name escapes me) - any number of pistols (or whatever you limit the weapons to), but only two mags per pistol (or more depending on how it works out) and all pistols must be properly holstered.

Definately in favour of a charity game though.

There is some event or other thats run semi-regularly. They're in America someplace and I dont have much more information than that I'm sure someone else will work out what I'm talking about though.

sounds interesting in my head lol. limited rounds and people trying to bite you :P

Archived