Shadow Company

Fuser

First of all, I've done a search and nothing about this movie has come up, even though this is an airsoft site. I suppose it is a pretty new film, and I'm wondering if anyone has seen it yet.

If anyone has seen it, what did you think? It seems alright, and I'm considering buying it.

For everyone who doesn't know about it, the movie is called Shadow Company, and its basically a documentary about the private military companies in Iraq at the moment. The film is about who's fighting the war, how they are fighting it, information about PMCs for those who don't even know what they are, some of the controversy surrounding some recent reports about the "unorthodox" tactics PMCs have allegedly used, and is full of interviews. Anyway, it looks pretty interesting IMO. I've heard that its lacking in actual footage and is mostly just interviews, but I still like the look of it.

The main site, including a trailer, is here. You need Quicktime, but the trailer is probably on YouTube if you don't have it.

So what do you think / what do you know about this movie? I don't want to blow 25 bucks on it and be disappointed.

• 1 month later...
Good as a documentary, although not terribly "entertaining," per se.

I didn't expect it to be entertaining, but I was worried that the trailer would make it look more exciting than it is. It looks like a run of the mill Military Channel documentary, and since I don't get the military channel, I'll be asking for this for my birthday...

Archived