In the market for an AKS74UN

0nslaught

The feed issue was an early problem that cropped up, but not on all of them. If you write to them, they will send (free of charge, no less!) a spacer that forces the hop unit against the gearbox. This is now a standard part on all the new guns in the AK series. I sold my friend my AKSU to finance my new AKS74 (also by VFC), and the AKSU has had zero feed problems, and hence we haven't bothered getting the "upgraded fix". All this will be moot when that integrated PGC AK hop comes out.

My AKSU was one of the pre-ordered limited ones, so right off the first batch. I know they aren't that old, but that qualifies as being as old as they come, and on it's second owner, she is still strong.

Oh, and as far as the finish goes... with a bit of weathering, they'll look every bit as good as Guarders ;)

VFC5.jpg

VFC4.jpg

Ah. Thanks a lot.

lol, hm alright. well if most of you guys know, UNco and WGC (my favorite retailers) have the AKS74UN DX ver out of stock. but the std version in stock. trust me lol, i would know. the places i am choosing from is Guns n guys, airsoftglobal, and AEX. I checked GnG recently and the VFC AKS74UN was taken out. im going to email peter about whats up.

ASGI has it for $345

Thats the Std version. Im looking for the DX version which is out of stock at ASGI

Take a look at the new Inokatsu AKS74U kit:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r191/bi...su/5bb4a0e2.jpg

Just drop in a gearbox of your choice and you're G2G :)

I think i read somewhere that the Inokatsu kit was $500+, im not sure if im willing to pay that much when i can get a complete gun with VFC reliability and quality with superb internals for 25 dollars less. Ya the Inokatsu looks nice but the VFC is just all around much better.

How good are the VFC AKS-74U internals anyway? Is it up to or near TM standards? Can I get widely-available spare parts to fix any problems? Also, what's the stock muzzle velocity?

EDIT: With the standard model, can you replace the plastic grips with real steel wood grips?

VFC AKS74UN Internals are up to par with G&P quality, and Tm reliability. All i hear is Praise about this gun, inside and out. the gearbox is a 7mm reinforced ver 3 gearbox with great internals. ya there are upgrade parts for the aks series, but i dont see a point in upgrading this gun anyways, no need to :P the stock muzzle velocity is around 340 fps

Archived