Mythbusters

SilentScope

151 members have voted

1. 1. Mythbusters

• Great Show
    • Greatest Show

Yeah I need to process the photo of ME standing next to the dark matter box, it's me pointing while looking goofy. And yeah Jamie is really anal, we were talking to some of the employees and they were saying they are in a habit of organizing EVERYTHING.

I didn't get a photo of it, but in the storage area there was the mythbusters wetsuits, which they said they just got back from a trip to south africa, for Shark Week. And yes I do in fact know what a few of the myths are gonna be for the next season, but they requested we keep it a secret. And since my company and M5 will be doing business again over the next few months I don't want to violate that promise. But yeah, overall that was easily the coolest work related experience I've had at my company.

And yeah, this is one more reason I'm sure you guys will hate me for.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you see that crazy 7up machine? Pics?

Thanks guys, I'm a Art Director, and we're doing a project for HP that required a video turntable for a product we're shooting on green screen.

And YES I saw the 7 up robot, it didn't have the 7up mounted on top, it was purely the bottom half with the treads, and I didn't get photos sadly. Jamie was mentioning that the Pentagon was interested in seeing his designs for his robot system, possibly for military use.

Star, thanks, I'm not a god amongst men, just really lucky in the situations I sometimes find myself.

And jackboot, no, there weren't any pics of me with Jamie and Adam. I think I mentioned that we were packing it up, just put my camera away and Adam ran out and knocked on my car window, and we got out and talked with the guys. Which were just up in the "blue print room" which is where they film the setup and conclusion of the myths, basically filming. We were introduced to the camera guys, show producer and director, and basically talked about using M5's services again (which we're already going to do again), as well as basically talking about how the shop runs.

An interesting tidbit, M5 no longer does special effects on a regular basis, as M5 and their offshoot M7 are almost entirely dedicated to the production of the show.

Archived