Multicam Loadout

alpha54

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the double-post, but what do you guys think of this holster?

http://www.highspeedgearinc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=HSG%2DDH

Its made from 1000D Cordura, its an adjustable drop leg holster, they offer it in Multicam and their website states that they can manufacture it to fit any pistol?

Sounds good to me... but then again everyone I ask recommends a Safariland holster.

Watcha think? :)

I would like some info on the sizing as well, seeing as I won't have a change to try them on before buying.

SKD has a different cut than Crye. They are a lot more baggy. I would get one size smaller than you usually have. I have ordered L (which I normally wear) and they are way too large. M fits me just fine.

Im about 5'10 have about a 39" chest an)d a 34" waist so Im considering that I would fit the medium trousers but need a large shirt to be on the safe side as consensus is their shirts are cut smaller (or is this true of the trousers as well?)

Anyone with Crye stuff who around a similar height think that sounds about right?

alpha54, how tall are you?

The HSGI holster you have linked to is supposed to be pretty good, its one Ive been considering getting as well.

I'm about 6'3 (1.93 metres). I emailed Crye Precision, and the sales person told me to get the correct pants size, and to get the combat shirt one bigger.

I'm definitely thinking about that HSGI holster, it looks pretty good and I can get it in Multicam (can't do that with Safariland).

However, I've also been thinking of sorting out my own holster/drop leg by simply getting a drop leg platform and then deciding what holster and pouches I want on there - the HSGI holster I linked to includes two pistol pouches (great) but I'd be nice to get a knife pouch/sheath down there as well... :unsure:

What do you think?

Sorry, the size I was reffering to was waist size. Last Feb. I ordered a L long C. shirt and 36L Pants. At that time I had about a 36" waist and wore 34-36 pants and a L shirt. The shirt fit me perfectly fine but the pant's waist was humongous compared to me. I ordered a size 34 afterward and they still have a little room on me. Thats the one reason why I have a probelm with Crye's supply whenever they release their products, you are screwed if you get the wrong size and you have to wait more than a year to get a replacement.

I definitely need the long, and they don't. But I may know somewhere I can get them....

On another note, is it possible to attach the Safariland holster (not the leg shroud, just the holster itself) to a HSGI Modular Drop Leg Platform?

Because if it is, I may just get a Safariland holster, chuck it on the drop leg platform, add two mag/utility pouches and a knife sheath! :)

I have the holster, It's sextastic. Definitely get it if you need a holster in MC. I've heard that the pants at least (maybe shirts, I doubt it with the combat shirts though.. Crappy ole' field gear here) run 2 sizes large, but my 32 reg's fit my 32 waist well enough. I'd go with what Crye says because if it really doesn't fit you can email them and maybe get it exchanged for a size that does fit since you were just taking their advice.

Does anyone know how much MOLLE space the Safariland MOLLE adaptor takes up? I'm seriously considering getting a HSGI Drop Leg Platform and fitting a Safariland 6004 along with two mag pouches and a combined knife/strobe pouch on there. However, if the Safariland takes up most of the platform this would become a moot point, as there's no need for the drop leg if there ain't space to put the pouches on! :P

Any thoughts? :)

PS: I'll give out some +1s when I have the time to all of those who've helped me and others in this thread!

Alpha I have both a HSGI Drop leg & a Safariland 6004. Once I tried the 6004 all my other droplegs have stayed on the shelf. Part of the Safariland's utility is that the leg shroud makes it extremely stable so losing this feature would be a mistake in my mind. It is also possible to modify it to carry extra pouches.

You asked why I suggest using a GP pouch instead of dedicated smoke pouches. This is simply because many airsoft grenades are not the same dimensions as the real thing, especially smokes.

A utility pouch will allow you to carry more smokes in relation to the amount of pals space the pouch takes up as well as holding useful extras such as a multitool & duct tape besides.

Hey, cheers for the reply mate!

Is it somehow possible to attach MOLLE pouches to the Safariland leg shroud though?

I mean, at the moment I use a really loose belt holster, so even the HSGI drop leg would give me significantly more stability, believe me! :P

The main reason I'm thinking about the Safariland is that its a hard shell, so unlike nylon holsters it will actually protect my gun from damage, or when I fall onto it for example. In that way, it seems like combining the Safariland with a drop leg platform would be a pretty good deal - and in situations where I don't need the extra pouches, I can just use the Safariland leg shroud...

However, I'm guessing the MOLLE plate carrier I'm getting will have more than enough space to house the pistol mag pouches as well, so a drop leg platform isn't really a neccessity... :unsure:

I dunno, it just somehow makes sense to me to keep the pistol pouches, pistol and knife pouch in one place, but I see what you're saying about just using the Safariland holster leg shroud. Plus, that would save me about 50 bucks I'd spend on the drop leg platfom.... I'm gonna have to think about this some more!

Aight, this is a bit of a summary post so bear with me... lets see!

Ok, first off is a list of gear I'm pretty sure I'll be getting:

- HSS Gear Genuine Crye Multicam Plate Carrier

- Dirty Dagger Multicam Combat Belt

- 4x Tactical Tailor Multicam Double M4 Pouch

- Tactical Tailor Multicam Dual Pistol Mag Pouch

- Dirty Dagger Multicam Knife/Strobe Pouch

- Maxpedition Roly Poly Folding Utility/Dump Pouch

- 2x Dirty Dagger Suppressor Pouch

- Endom Multicam SAF Admin Panel

- OE Tech Crye Multicam EMT (Medical) Pouch (may get the Tactical Tailor one instead depending on shipping costs, this one is cheaper but shipping may negate that)

- MICH Replica Helmet (Black)

- Tactical Tailor Multicam MICH Helmet Cover

- Oakley SI Assault Boots (Black)

- Hatch SOG-F Series Operator Gloves (Black)

- Cold Steel Military Classic Rubber Training Knife

- Safariland 6004 Tactical Holster for USPc (Black)

As you can see, I've decided to go with a Safariland 6004, because I realised that my plate carrier has more than enough space for all the pouches, so there's not really that much need for a drop leg platform.

Now, a couple more questions.... :P

I'll be needing a hydration bladder and carrier - I'm thinking of the OE Tech Crye Multicam Hydration Carrier (http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2088), which should easily attach to my plate carrier. Its dimensions are 15.5" H x 6.5" W x 3" D. Does that look good?

Which Camelbak hydration bladder, preferable with a 2L to 2.5L capacity, would you recommend for that hydration carrier? It would of course be nice if it was a good fit, so that it doesn't move around too much as I walk... :)

I'll be getting the Safariland holster for a USPc without tac light, but I still would like a tac light that can attach to both my rifle and my pistol. It appears that my options are:

- Surefire X200A/B, 250-275 USD but pretty much the best out there

- Streamlight TLR-1, 120USD and also rather solidly built, nearly the same light output as the Surefire

The third option would be to get a flash light, such as the awesome Surefire G2 Nitrolon, that can easily be attached to a rifle. This would be easier to carry and could also be used as a normal flash light. However, there are two downsides to this - the light output is lower (65 lumen for the flash light, above 80 for the tac lights) and I am unsure whether it is possible to mount the flash light to my pistol... :unsure:

Really, any replies at all to anything I posted above are very much appreciated! :D

Cheers and thanks,

alpha54

Archived