Building an RPK.

The Crunchy Bunny

Ok, I think i finally decided what my CM028S will be. I want to make an RPK. So, i need suggestions and I don't want to spend a fortion but enough to make nice 95% realistic RPK. My parts are:

* King Arms AK74 reciever

* Real steel wood handguards

* Guarder RPK barrel set with bipod

* A couple highcaps ( maybe modify a RS 40 rounder)

* And 350 fps upgrade

I wnat this to be a beast. Now, soome pics of what I'm looking for. Even though you know what they look like.

rpk01.jpg

You can get Curved 40 round magazines. You just have to modify them with airsoft internals. And, i don't want a drum mag. To bulky and expensive.

Would you be content with a midcap then? I read this thread yesterday, and started scheming on how to make a 40-rounder type RPK mag. You could deffinetely throw the internals of a low or midcap into the real steel mag--but a hicap could be tricky because of the winding wheel. Might have to thread an axle through the mag itself and have an external winding wheel--or some sort of hex-head key to wind it.

Good luck on the project, using real wood will be somewhat of a challenge if you want to run a rear battery, but will ultimately look awesome!

Steve

I will be keeping the batt under the reciever cover. And I will be using one of those cheap 70 round mags on Evike for the mag conversion. I will buy some hicaps also. But they wont be put into the RS 40 rounder.

link: http://www.evike.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv...=MAG_AEG_MATRIX

* A couple highcaps ( maybe modify a RS 40 rounder)

Remember to keep in mind the legality of owning real 40 round magazines in your state. I know here in Ohio you may not have anything with a capacity larger than 32. Just trying to keep you within the law so you don't end up paying fines or end up in jail...

Good luck ;).

Archived