TM PSG-1

ianreynolds

used one for a while ages ago....

in all honesty.... no.

being an AEG, its expensive to get them firing on par with a bolt action. Bigger battery, upgraded gears, springs and the such like.

Then its long.... read very very long.... and creaky too. All in all, nice looking individual bit of kit, just not overly useful as a sniper peice. There are many other AEG's out there that can beat it at such a role. TM M14 for example.

if someone released a gas semi version that didnt creak. Now that would be something.

I am an exculsive owner of one. I'll type out all I have to say about it. There's some bad but I find it an amazing rifle. First thing is, depends on the extent of work that you are doing to it. Since you are in the UK, the FTK isn't entirely an option for you. Anyways, I went wayyy over the top with mine on prupose. It has everything made and then some. I spent over 2 grand on it to this date. It's shooting about 550 out to 350+ ft accuratly. It does have an internal problem that I can't ever seem to remedy. Due to the way the sector gear is designed it does not have a normal tappet plate mover. It is instead a different shape and tends to cut into the tappet plate over time even with grease. So you may need to keep replacing those. The PSG-1 is not very friendly with a bipod. The entire front grip and barrel assembly will flex. In order to prevent that and use a bipod you'll need a metal body and the PDI chamber block. The stock barrel is trash, for some reason TM wen't really dumb with it and decided to cut a flat area in the hop rubber area, so you'll lose air with it. I would recomend a tightbore, the Prometheus 6.03mm 650mm long type. Other than that, get a reliable battery. Now if you're goign to do extensive upgrades then I have a whole other story for that.

Chef: It must of been a bad experience on your part because there is no way any other AEG can compete to the one I have. I'll prove that anyday.

Well I own a PSG-1 and I'm relativly happy with it :D

While the stock performance is only slightly above the one of a standart AEG (Armalite/Mp5 whatever) it can be upgraded better than any other AEG......

especially the new Systema FTK-26 seems to be more than tasty :D

400% Spring

Magnum Motor

+ everything known from the old FTK-12

Then you just need a new Gearboxshell (Jet 7mm for example)

Well I took the rifle to the local targetshooting club in my village and noticed that the shooting performance is quiet good, no shots where much off center.

I tested it on the 10m Range and used a small benchrest because I don't own a bipod (yet) and there is one thing that is a bit strange........

Everytime I laid down the rifle on the benchrest the shots where somewhere else, on the first try they where a but to much on the upper side of the Target.

The Second time the shots where in the lower left corner mainly but always nearly hole in hole!

I heard that this is because of the complete Front Section bending slightly (because I laid it down always a bit different) but the installation of a Metal Body + Metal Cocking Tube and the X-Fire Chamber Block solves this problem but you see, its quiet pricy!

I would say overall the PSG is a great gun but you have to spent ALOT of money to convert it to a usable sniper rifle. So you better get another gun if you want to go skirming mainly ;)

Except you are willing to pay the price, but than I only heard positiv things for example more consitent shot to shot performance in comparison to Gas Sniper Rifles.

I planned to spent the money but most of the people are not willing to spent 700$ + on a single SAEG ;) of course you have to be a bit crazy to do that :P

To be honest they are good after a bit of work and money. My friend got one from japan and it was firing 550 with .3's. I love the gun, a real serious piece of kit, but with a price of around £500 it seems too steep to what you can get with a bolt action.

After using both the PSG and a vsr both upgraded i must admit i prefer the VSR due to the reliability. Hope that helps.

A great gun indeed, but it has its cons such as a creaky foregrip, wobbely scope, slight flex of the front set.

This gun will go to the edge and futher if you push it like that, it has a great upgrade potential, the V4 box is rock solid and easy to work on.

The flex is mostly down to the reciever being both two piece and plastic, the stock chamber brace is actualy ok, but whist testing things out i noticed that it was actualy the upper reciever that slightly flexes. Luckily G&G make a metal upper reciever and PDI for the enhanced chamber brace so getting things solid shouldnt be too much of a problem.

One thing about this gun is that it will require a lot more care than say a VSR or APS, it can be quite fragile, but if carefully looked after it will perform to the edge.

And yes, if you want the best out of it, be prepared to spend a lot. :D

In order to prevent that and use a bipod you'll need a metal body and the PDI chamber block.

Are the G&G Metal Body and the PDI Chamber Block compatible with each other? Looking at the pictures of the G&G body, it looks to have something sticking out of the front already presumably to stabilize the barrel.

Figure I'd ask the question of those who've gone through upgrading one of these beasts before.

It's no different in dimensions to it's plastic counter part. So yes it is compatable. Keep in mind that you'll need to get the PSG-1 chamber block not the G3 kind. In order to actually install the thing you'll need to remove the current chamber block and split your body in two.

I was going to buy one, but after going all the way to Wolf Armouries to see it, I bought an A.I.C.S. instead!!

The front end is very plasticky, and creaks to the touch.

It would be good if you didn't want to snipe all the time, it's not full auto, but semi, and does take the G3 500 round hi-caps.

Obviously, you have to spend money on it if you want to use it as your primary sniper.

Ben.

The PSG-1 does have its problems, use a metal body in conjunction with the First reinforced cocking tube, it should eliminate any creaking.

So basically the list of required parts to do it would be this.

G&G Mangesium Metal Body

First Reinforced Cocking tube

Tightbore Barrel

Systema FTK-12

Grease an you'll need it for the gears.

And finally a larger capacity battery

Add the costs of all them up an you'll get a rough cost of it all.

Its gonna be more than the rifle.

Archived