G&G Gas Springfield 1903 is out

chas

That's a shame, as the K98K is a really beautiful weapon. I thought most reviewers had a better experience with it, so maybe it was indeed a lemon.

I really want that M1903 by the way, as I love bolt-action rifles with wooden stocks and iron sights. <3

That's a shame, as the K98K is a really beautiful weapon. I thought most reviewers had a better experience with it, so maybe it was indeed a lemon.

I really want that M1903 by the way, as I love bolt-action rifles with wooden stocks and iron sights. <3

I spoke to a UK retailer about the K98 as I really wanted one. He said that they weren't great and needed a lot of tweaking to get them running right so I got a Tanaka clone instead.

If G&G have fixed the FPS consistency issues then I'll pick up a 1903 but the sites I play at all chrono the guns with a fresh bulb - not one that's fired off 1-20 shots before the power stabilises.

Shame because they are lovely guns to handle.

the internals arent exactly the same. they changed the gas delivery system. the K98 had the same system as a tanaka with a springy metal bushing at the gas outlet (given, positioned next to the feed lips instead of in the middle of the magazine) meeting up against a rubber bushing on the bolt. this one obviously uses a rubber bucking on the mag like a GBB pistol. 

so they have changed something. reviews will tell if its any better though.

I spoke to a UK retailer about the K98 as I really wanted one. He said that they weren't great and needed a lot of tweaking to get them running right so I got a Tanaka clone instead.

If G&G have fixed the FPS consistency issues then I'll pick up a 1903 but the sites I play at all chrono the guns with a fresh bulb - not one that's fired off 1-20 shots before the power stabilises.

Shame because they are lovely guns to handle.

Thanks for explaining. That's quite a shame, as I really love WW2 weapons. I can only hope the M1903 performs better.

Am I the only one who looks at that two piece magazine and wonders if you can remove the BB section from inside the gun and load a new one like a stripper?

Im sure you cant but that would be cool. Kind of makes me wonder why they dont have two seperate pieces like that.  One for c02s, and another thats just a cheap little stick mag of BBs that goes straight in through the top.

edit: Also, Why does the box say AEG? looks like someone f'ed up in Illustrator.

Am I the only one who looks at that two piece magazine and wonders if you can remove the BB section from inside the gun and load a new one like a stripper?

Im sure you cant but that would be cool. Kind of makes me wonder why they dont have two seperate pieces like that.  One for c02s, and another thats just a cheap little stick mag of BBs that goes straight in through the top.

edit: Also, Why does the box say AEG? looks like someone f'ed up in Illustrator.

The G&G factory has a bunch of different boxes in stock, some guns get customised boxes and some don't. This gun will probably get a custom box but as it's so new, they won't have any yet so they'll have shoved it into the only box they had in that it fits into, which is probably an SR-25 box, hence the AEG branding.

Swapping the BB housings on the magazines like little stripper clips should be feasible (as should be loading them with the magazine still in the rifle), but G&G don't sell them separately, and on the K98k mags they were a little fragile.

A speedloader that looks like a stripper clip and is actuated in a similar push-down-to-load fashion would be a quite a cool accessory for this thing (and the K98k, for that matter).

This thing could be quite an interesting accessory for WWII/Korean/Vietnam War-era loadouts if configured as an M1903A4 (US Army) or M1903-A1/Unertl (USMC), particularly since a Hi-Lux, a RS manufacturer, started making affordable clones of the original optics. I'm particularly partial to the M1903-A1 with its 8x Unertl telescopic sight:

TES53-Z-F2-L.jpg

That said, I'm a big fan of the M1903A4 with its M73B1 (2.75x), M73 (2.5x) or M84 (2.2x) telescopic sight:

CUQ621-F-F2-L.jpg

To be honest, Im glad they made the 1903a3 and not the A4. Because I want to play old timey-infantry and run around the field with an iron-sighted bolt action.

I think that would be a good way to make the game more interesting, if the gun is accurate enough, of course. I already use my VSR-10 with some jury rigged irons on it and its fun as hell to ding someone in the head from mid range while they spray and pray with their P* in a vain attempt to hit you.

Archived