Wingun mosin nagant

MarsdenH

Honestly the Mosin Nagant probably has more market share then Enfield just due to sheer commonality.

Now, as far as hopup goes.. I might try getting one of these. Ive made custom hopups for several of their revolvers (The standard dan wsoon type, Nagant, and Webley). And i really cant imagine this being so different that I couldnt do one for this too..

Plus i like the fake wood. I hate real wood on guns if im going to skirmish them.

Full metal gas powered Mosin? No hop and fake wood.

I reckon they don't bother putting wood on the guns because they know they can't make it as cheap as the Russians did more than half a century ago. The days of a $75 surplus Mosin Nagant are probably gone, but a complete wood set for these rifles is still laughably cheap - $40 for an M91, and $85 for an M44. The hop-up issue is less forgivable, though, I agree.

I reckon they don't bother putting wood on the guns because they know they can't make it as cheap as the Russians did more than half a century ago. The days of a $75 surplus Mosin Nagant are probably gone, but a complete wood set for these rifles is still laughably cheap - $40 for an M91, and $85 for an M44. The hop-up issue is less forgivable, though, I agree.

You know what? On that basis I retract my gripe about the wood. I'd rather fit real wood if it's easily available and fits.

Win Gun is the epitome of half-assedry. They started off with a revolver that doesn't exist then stick all sorts of trades (Dan Wesson, Ruger, etc.) on it. With all their tooling they still can't even bodge in a hop up which can be done, if you're desperate enough, with as little as a file, plumbing tape and hot glue. And I'm willing to bet this still has a crappy *albatross* aluminum barrel, I mean even the cheapest ACMs now are able to put in meh brass ones.

I'm more interested in seeing what can be done with it. From what I understand most gas and c02 bolt actions are kind of poo, owing to just plain bad hopup design.

Knowing what the average chamber on a WG looks like, its kind of like a blank slate to make something that sucks a bit less. Though, some WG auto pistols have hopups that just kinda look like square bushings so it entirely possible this one does in fact have a fixed hopup already.(The m84 is like this, for example).

So now I'm kind of on the fence, its cheap enough to pick one up as a potential fun project. But, on the other hand, there's other things I want too..

Maybe it's just me, but I kinda think its too bad they didn't stick with the Obrez type they were already making as a BB gun, and which this is obviously an adaptation of

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Mosin_Nagant_M1891_CO2_BB_Rifle/3574

I'm more interested in seeing what can be done with it. From what I understand most gas and c02 bolt actions are kind of poo, owing to just plain bad hopup design.

Knowing what the average chamber on a WG looks like, its kind of like a blank slate to make something that sucks a bit less. Though, some WG auto pistols have hopups that just kinda look like square bushings so it entirely possible this one does in fact have a fixed hopup already.(The m84 is like this, for example).

So now I'm kind of on the fence, its cheap enough to pick one up as a potential fun project. But, on the other hand, there's other things I want too..

Maybe it's just me, but I kinda think its too bad they didn't stick with the Obrez type they were already making as a BB gun, and which this is obviously an adaptation of

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Mosin_Nagant_M1891_CO2_BB_Rifle/3574

The PPS k98 is pretty good. Uses a VSR style hop, green or C02 in the mags.

Archived