KWA SHIPS SECOND GENERATION AEG RIFLES

allizard

KWA SHIPS SECOND GENERATION AEG RIFLES

City of Industry, CA – September 18, 2009 – KWA USA is pleased to announce the release of KWA’s second-generation KM4/16 AEG rifles with the addition of four new models. The second-generation rifles feature over 30 structural improvements and performance upgrades, making them the top choice for professionals and serious enthusiasts.

At the heart of every new KM4/16 series rifle is KWA’s Second Generation Extreme (2GX) gearbox, designed to resist cold temperature failures. Structural reinforcement has been engineered into the shell strengthening the overall integrity of the gearbox especially in areas prone to failure. The new 2GX comes standard with six 9mm Spherical Bearings and Heat-Treated Precision Gear Sets offering flawless performance in all conditions.

Accuracy of the new rifles has been greatly enhanced with the introduction of the 2G High Performance Bucking. The new bucking utilizes a set of uniquely designed “Fins” that produce remarkable consistent performance shot after shot. All KWA inner barrels are now manufactured in Japan using the latest machining technology resulting in exceptional quality and increased performance.

New models:

KM4 SR5 – With an overall length of 25”, the SR5 is the perfect CQB weapon. Tuned for high speed, the SR5 fires at over 20 rounds per second yet maintains a velocity of 350 feet per second within the limits of most indoor arenas. The SR5 features full alloy construction, 5” free floating rail adapter system, 2GX Gearbox, 2G High Performance Bucking, adjustable flip up front and rear sights, flat top receiver, matte finish with individualized serial numbers, 6 position collapsible crane stock with two integrated battery compartments for nun-chuck style 11.1v Li-Mn batteries or 11.1v Li-Poly cell packs. Manufacturer suggested retail price is $389.95. Available in October 2009.

KM4 SR10 – The SR10 is a versatile weapon, easy to maneuver and potent enough to reach your targets from a safe distance. The SR10 features a 425mm inner barrel, 10” free floating rail adapter system, 2GX Gearbox, 2G High Performance Bucking, adjustable flip up front and rear sights, flat top receiver, matte finish with individualized serial numbers, 6 position collapsible crane stock with two integrated battery compartments for nun-chuck style 11.1v Li-Mn batteries or 11.1v Li-Poly cell packs. Manufacturer suggested retail price is $459.95. Available now.

KM4 RIS – The KM4 RIS is the top choice for tactical and law enforcement trainers. It is dependable, well balanced, and fast handling. The KM4 RIS features a two-piece alloy rail interface system, 2GX Gearbox, 2G High Performance Bucking, adjustable front and rear sights, removable carry handle, flat top receiver, matte finish with individualized serial numbers, 6 position collapsible crane stock with two integrated battery compartments for nun-chuck style 11.1v Li-Mn batteries or 11.1v Li-Poly cell packs. Manufacturer suggested retail price is $439.95. Available late September.

KM16 SR12 – The KM16 SR12 is the flagship of the KM4/16 series. It is the perfect DMR platform designed for range. The SR12 features 509mm inner barrel, 12” free floating rail adapter system, 2GX Gearbox, 2G High Performance Bucking, adjustable flip up front and rear sights, flat top receiver, matte finish with individualized serial numbers, fiber reinforced full stock with battery compartment for a wide range of battery sizes all the way up to a 9.6v NiMH 8 large cell battery pack. Manufacturer suggested retail price is $479.95. Available now.

KWA KM4/16 series rifles are only available through KWA Authorized Resellers. Actual retail prices may vary by dealer. All KWA products purchased through KWA Authorized Resellers include a 45 days factory warranty. For a comprehensive list of product specifications and in-depth discussion of all KWA products please visit the technical forums at www.kwausa.com/forums.

About KWA USA

KWA USA is the exclusive North America importer and master distributor for KWA products servicing the Americas, and all European regions. Based in City of Industry, California, KWA USA is dedicated in providing high performance products and exceptional services to the MILSIM and Professional airsoft industry.

For information: http://www.kwausa.com

Phone: 1-626-581-1777

###

KM4_SR5.jpg

m4_ris.jpg

km4_sr10.jpg

M16_SR12.jpg

How wonderfully meh. I suppose its nice they've got a unique fin aka madbull shark bucking and high quality barrel out the box. Reinforced mechanical gubbins is food too, but a lot of companies do that anyway, without it being a revised range. Maybe if they were stupidly cheap, then they'd maybe be the perfect option for folk just wanting a nice out of the box gun, with minimal tinkering needed.

How wonderfully meh. I suppose its nice they've got a unique fin aka madbull shark bucking and high quality barrel out the box. Reinforced mechanical gubbins is food too, but a lot of companies do that anyway, without it being a revised range. Maybe if they were stupidly cheap, then they'd maybe be the perfect option for folk just wanting a nice out of the box gun, with minimal tinkering needed.

Second'd. Enough with the M4s that are hardly different. I liked my KWA (even through the ###### hop up, broken gearbox, et al). But go for something a little more ground breaking, like more split gearbox designs (like ICS, maybe??) more platforms (Moar m14, G36s, AKs, etc).

And MSRP close to $500?? Really?? It'd better poop gold coins or something.

Yes, there were an acceptably large amount of failures of the front of the gearbox shell in the last year's batches. But what I really like about KWA is that they're one of the few airsoft companies who actually care about producing the best product they can (rather than just taking your money) so when stuff like that happens they actually spend the time and money on R&D to fix the problems and make sure they don't occur in the next batch.

A company that listens to their customers and goes to great lengths to fix problems and make the best product they can is something you just don't see too often in the airsoft industry. Heck, I can't think of any other airsoft gun company that does that in any significant way. Maybe Systema regarding their PTW line, but even then half the time when they say they "fixed" something it just breaks in a different way.

Looking at the pictures of the new 2GX gearbox the reinforcements look pretty darn solid to me. And since I've been wanting an M4 in this exact configuration I'll likely be ordering my KM4 RIS in the next week or two. ^_^

Yes, there were an acceptably large amount of failures of the front of the gearbox shell in the last year's batches. But what I really like about KWA is that they're one of the few airsoft companies who actually care about producing the best product they can (rather than just taking your money) so when stuff like that happens they actually spend the time and money on R&D to fix the problems and make sure they don't occur in the next batch.

A company that listens to their customers and goes to great lengths to fix problems and make the best product they can is something you just don't see too often in the airsoft industry. Heck, I can't think of any other airsoft gun company that does that in any significant way. Maybe Systema regarding their PTW line, but even then half the time when they say they "fixed" something it just breaks in a different way.

Looking at the pictures of the new 2GX gearbox the reinforcements look pretty darn solid to me. And since I've been wanting an M4 in this exact configuration I'll likely be ordering my KM4 RIS in the next week or two. ^_^

Those rose tinted glasses are a nice way to look at it,

But look at it in a business sense now. They are producing sub standard guns and selling them with promise of high performance and duarbility.

If they DONT get off their *albartroth* and sort it then they are to loose out when the hype wears down and it becomes public knowledge that they are sh1te. nobody will buy them in this case.

They are not doing the "cool, we care about you" thing, they are fixing what they made a balls of in their original design. failing to do this will be bad for their business and their reputation. its a case of having to, not wanting to. especially with them now supplying guns for rebranding to ActionSportGames.

Those rose tinted glasses are a nice way to look at it,

But look at it in a business sense now. They are producing sub standard guns and selling them with promise of high performance and duarbility.

If they DONT get off their *albartroth* and sort it then they are to loose out when the hype wears down and it becomes public knowledge that they are sh1te. nobody will buy them in this case.

They are not doing the "cool, we care about you" thing, they are fixing what they made a balls of in their original design. failing to do this will be bad for their business and their reputation. its a case of having to, not wanting to. especially with them now supplying guns for rebranding to ActionSportGames.

"Sub standard" - that's a first

"Business sense" - lol ,seriously? your opinions are way to emotional for any kind of business sense

Well, i would call it exactly that, a business sense.

Don't agree with me if you dont like, thats the great thing about democracy. I didnt aim to offend you but i just tell it like it is. a lot of people would rather allow the guns brand name cloud their judgment because they expect it to be good.

But you cannot deny, regardless of how fancy they look (and they do look very nice) they have a sub standard gearbox. The gearbox screws are self tapping instead of machine screws, their shell breaks at the front of the cylinder with a very high failure rate.

3200751741_30c5a03c77.jpg

This is a brand new one i opened last week, it had no more than a couple of hundred bbs through it and this happened. (see the sector gear bearing)

3937159642_904c39abed_b.jpg

Of course, some might say thats a lemon, but that logic would imply a very high rate of lemons are leaving the KWA floor. I am a gun technician and get to see a lot of guns fail, pretty much all brands do. But most KWA guns break down very soon after they are bought. especially with this lipo claim.

Your 45day warranty is laughable too, Where i work a dboys comes with a 3 month warranty and not many ever need it.

Anyway, Lets hope the next generation is better made with stronger internals, They do a good job of everything else yet elt the gun down on the most important part.

Wow... that certainly must have been a lemon. I work as an airsoft repair tech for a living as well and I see lots of guns come through the shop, because as you said, everything will break eventually.

A lot of the local players own the previous generation KWAs and to be honest I've only ever seen 1 break, and that was the gearbox failure you mentioned. But it did occur during the winter time in 20°F weather so I really wasn't too surprised by it. V2 gearbox shells are notorious for failing in low temperatures. Everyone else around here has had no trouble with their KWAs are far as I know though, and I personally know and regularly see 8 or 9 KWA owners.

I can safely say that right out of the box KWA's gearbox is the best I have ever personally had the pleasure of working on. I've never had to fix one, just do basic things like spring downgrades for clients. Everything is robust and strong in appearance and the perfect gear shimming and even grease distribution throughout the gearbox shows KWA's quality control is, IMHO, second only to Tokyo Marui.

So I find it very humorous that you think KWA is sub-standard and that D-Boys makes a better AEG. In the States I think the general consensus is that KWA is really the industry standard for build quality and performance and D-Boys is just about the bottom of the barrel in that regard. I've never had to fix a KWA, but I don't even want to think about how many D-Boys AEGs have come through the door here needing repairs :lol:

But hey, to each their own. And for the record I have never owned any KWA AEG, I have only worked on them in my shop when someone brought one through wanting a spring downgrade. But with any luck that'll be changing when I pick up my own KWA KM4 RIS within the next week or two ^_^

I never said dboys were better, the dboys comment was to clarify how laughable the 45 day warranty is.

Calling it a lemon is quite funny. I have 3 of these KWA M4s on my gun rack at the moment, all with sheered gearbox. im shocked another gun tech would not have come across this issue, an issue thats bee talked about across a whole range of airsoft forums too.

Have you ever seen the G&P gearbox? maybe a G&G or a KA? all better quality than the KWA. they should buy shells from G&P and concentrate on producing high quality externals. :)

Who uses self tapping screws in their gearboxes these days? Classic Army Sportsline is the only one that comes to mind.

How is the warranty laughable ?? It assures if you get a lemon, like the one above ^ (your picture) that it is covered under warranty. Most lemons fail within the first stages of use AKA first month or so, So that means if KWA sends out a lemon, they will cover repairs. If VFC sends out a lemon (Guess who pays repairs) :P

Because they don't send out lemons.

The term lemon refers to a one off that might have had a problem from the factory. all KWA gearboxes have this flaw. its not a matter of if but when with most of them. i dont know what more evidence you need. ive posted photographs of exactly the problem and ive seen many of them over the past year.

if this wasnt an issue surely KWA wouldnt be bigging up their new gearbox as they are,

Structural reinforcement has been engineered into the shell strengthening the overall integrity of the gearbox especially in areas prone to failure.

Singing a 45 day warranty as a selling point is as i put it "laughable" since guns that are supposed to be inferior come with at least twice that.

I do hope the new range are better than this last type since tehy do some very nice externals and i love their SIR front end, but i wouldn't make up my mind based no promo hype. I'll wait and see how time serves them.

Alright... Enough... If you guys want to tard about KWA's Customer Service, Quality, Business practices, etc, please start a thread in General regarding this. Getting quite tiring reading how big everyone's tech ego is regarding any specific manufacturer.

Archived