New High speed gears

Kalashnikov_kid

They dont say what size the axles are, you still have to mount these to the gearbox via metal bushings is what i am understanding? To which then you still need to stake/cement to make sure that its not spinning.

And they dont say what the size of the internal bearing is either....

Modify gears are 16.32:1

these are 14:1

So thats better right ?

Plus they look better quality too

Yeah, I'd like to know that too. I guess its the gear transmission ratio but I have no idea which one is the best for speed or torque and how they are "calculated".

But so far those gears look like good quality.

"better"... probably not. Generally in airsoft, as in life, you get what you pay for as i recently found when i noticed a my set of element gears were much louder than my systema gears. A $37 set of gears is most likely not going to be better in terms of material, precision of manufacture, etc than a set of Modify gears costing just over double. Though having said that the Modify do come preassembled and pre-shimmed so we're not really comparing like for like.

While it may not be better in an absolute sense it will be faster as the ratios dictate :)

Get what you pay for?

Hmm, well the clones seem to have been going for a while out of the box, and they're less than half the price... So I don't see why you'd have to spend all the money in the world for something!

Also, as I understand it, the lower the ratio (ie, 14 is lower than 16), the faster the rate of fire. The higher the ratio, the more torque.

Hopefully I'll be getting me a set for my P90.

Yes. You get what you pay for -_- Most ACM parts i buy don't tick all the boxes for me when finally get my hands on them. I usually just put up with the niggles because it's cheap. My clone gears are still going strong but they're definitely less well made and much noisier. If you can afford to care about how well a gearbox runs as oppose to just wanting to have a gearbox that runs then you can buy that...... with a little more money.

My point was that these will more than likely work fine but are unlikely to be better than Modify's gearsets.

Archived