King Arms M203 Launcher

chownsy

Hi all,

King Arms are about to be releasing an M203 Launcher in 20mm QD and Normal attachment methods, The Normal method will only fit AEG's with near real steel delta ring dimensions (such as KA/G+P versions)

Source: the one i have in my hand and reviewed http://www.madmercsairsoft.co.uk/reviews/o...s/m203-launcher

So this is different to the old ones in that it has a spring loaded firing pin not a simple lever actioned setup were if the action didn't fire the nade you just pull again harder, instead of cycleing the breach to cock it again?

No seems to be a simple lever setup where you just pull it until it fires. (i have not dared to take it apart, i will ask KA about it though)

Have you got any sort of GBB M4 there to try and fit it to? I'd be very interested to hear the results.

does not fit arounf the barrel but i will see if KA will produce one as i would be interested in one too

price?

No Known price but i will ask (its not released yet just was asked to review it incase any thing they could improve on)

I sure hope the 20mm QD mech will be more like LMTs rather than Colt! Been waiting for an M203 to come out with a setup like that.

I will ask to see what the QD mech is like and let you know.

I'm gonna have to give this one a big 'Eh'. I really want a high-end manufacturrer to do a M203. (Externals are all I care about since the mech is incredibly simple.) My dream would be a INO M203 made just like their GBBr's. A VFC wouldn't be bad either.

Maybe I' being a little to harsh with this though. I can't wait to see some better pics of it (no offence).

ok, tell KA the following:

-ensure that when opened, the launcher barrel stays forward, and doesnt slide closed when tilted up like the G&P. a spring loaded barrel like the real one would be nice.

-release a version with the QD front mount.

-for the RAS version, release a LMT styled one seen here: http://www.kiesler.com/shop/ProductImages/M203_2.jpg

if they do that, i will buy one for sure, and im sure my friends will too.

keep us updated please!

-Joe

-ensure that when opened, the launcher barrel stays forward, and doesnt slide closed when tilted up like the G&P. a spring loaded barrel like the real one would be nice.

-for the RAS version, release a LMT styled one seen here: http://www.kiesler.com/shop/ProductImages/M203_2.jpg

keep us updated please!

-Joe

the barrel does stay forward better than any other version i seen, it slides back about an inch (two at the most) leaving a 3 inch opening still.

I have forwarded your comments onto them, see what they say.

Regards

Richard

keep us updated please!

-Joe

LMT x2. There are 8 current different manufacturers of the Colt 20mm M203. Only ever was one LMT style one and its out of stock every Ive seen if for the past... two years. G&P responded to an email I sent them in regards to their LMT barrel mounted 203 and said they have no plans to make the 20mm LMt style mount:

In this moment, we have no planning to produce another LMT M203 grenade launcher. If you want a grenade launcher mounts on 20mm rail with LMT marking, you can purchase GP933S or GP933L.

Pass. They're LMT marked but attached with two massive thumbscrews that sit at the back of the 12" unit. Perhaps if I trusted pot metal with loads of that nature, but I abuse my gun too much to torque two little screws that often!

Count me in for an LMT style M203. Hell, count me in for two.

Cheers.

LMT x2. There are 8 current different manufacturers of the Colt 20mm M203. Only ever was one LMT style one and its out of stock every Ive seen if for the past... two years. G&P responded to an email I sent them in regards to their LMT barrel mounted 203 and said they have no plans to make the 20mm LMt style mount:

Pass. They're LMT marked but attached with two massive thumbscrews that sit at the back of the 12" unit. Perhaps if I trusted pot metal with loads of that nature, but I abuse my gun too much to torque two little screws that often!

Count me in for an LMT style M203. Hell, count me in for two.

Cheers.

+1 for that.

I'd love a QD M203 but I'm not getting rid of my LaRue rail and I dont trust the usual ris mounted ones. I've had aimpoints come loose with just thumb screws. There's no way I'd trust them with the weight of an M203.

questions:

1. is the firing pin srping loaded or just a simple lever connected to the trigger?

2. WIll you be making a Tm compatible version

3. Will you be making a GBBR compatible version (they have a thicker barrel than an AEG)

4. what will the RRP be of these?

5. what is the QD mechanism like? colt system or LMT system.

Answers

1. lever.

2. TM delta ring is different and ours was more for real steel spec.

3. for GBB they can change the delta ring to fit.

4. RRP? I don’t know what it is but I guess it is something about the price? the retails price should be less than US$100 in most countries.

5. the QD system is shown here http://www.kingarms.com/productpage.asp?prodid=1795 .

If you remove the front sight block and slide this launcher onto the barrel this will fit on GBBR M4's perfectly (i think the handguards would need a slight modification as mine struggled to fit on but i was not going to force it).

I have let King Arms know and hopefully they might make a version for GBBR M4's. i will let you know.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived