SOCOM Gear M4s

Equalizer

they're also all not Noveske in any way other than a few Noveske parts slapped on...

pretty much all Noveske rifles use MUR or VIS uppers VLTOR stocks and TD grips...

A lot of the Light series carbines use AR-15 style uppers. And if you want to be technical about it, all the Noveske rifles, RS or airsoft, are just regular AR-15s with Noveske parts slapped on, as you said with VLTOR stocks, TD grips, Stag uppers. <_<

they're also all not Noveske in any way other than a few Noveske parts slapped on...

pretty much all Noveske rifles use MUR or VIS uppers VLTOR stocks and TD grips...

That's not necessarily the case. For a while VLTOR had a very hard time supplying MUR's and VIS's to Noveske, and as a result, the gun's that came with VIS's weren't listed as available and the gun's (and complete uppers) that should have had MURs were sold with standard AR uppers. VLTOR is finally getting back on track with supply and demand and my own Noveske RECCE rifle came with a MUR.

Back to airsoft, regardless of the RS stock availability of parts, Madbull/SocomGear had already made their replica MURs with Noveske trademarks a while back. And while I know VLTOR was none too pleased Madbull had circumvented VLTOR's no airsoft policy by going through Noveske RifleWorks (Noveske wasn't supposed to allow that to happen either), the point still stands that Madbull had made them and they're still available for purchase. So I do find it odd they didn't bother to include the MUR. I'm guessing it's because they've manufactured a lot of the complete AR receivers with Noveske trademarks and as a result don't want to split them up by using a MUR and having a bunch of AR uppers left over.

The problem with the lack of VLTOR MOD stock is that again, it's a VLTOR product. So that ain't gonna happen.

Regardless of whether or not they used Noveske marked MUR's, I'm surprised they didn't attempt to produce some of the more popular Noveske variants like the low profile RECCE or N4.

And yes, the DD rifle's rail is jacked.

Madbull metal bodies are from Madbull.

Socom Gear N4 and DD M4 are OEM by VFC.

It's just a shame that SocomGear didn't make more accurate replicas. The 10.5" N4 for example has the wrong length rail, but then again, Madbull made a 10.5" Noveske rail that Noveske themselves never produced (Noveske makes a 9" rail, not 10.5"). The Socom Gear 14.5" N4 uses a rail that Noveske doesn't use (and I don't think has ever even produced). A better approach would have been for SocomGear to make accurate replicas of the Noveske N4 Low Profile Light Carbine, and the N4 Low Profile Light Shorty. Now THAT, would have been smart.

Aghhhh, I almost ordered one of these tonight.... It is confirmed, these do have VFC internals, stock and pistol grips. I just cant bring myself to do it though.... LWRC M6, SR15 in the last 3 weeks...... I will have to wait for SG and VFC to get their *suitcase* together. Maybe some Troy sights as well :)

Archived