Rainbow vs. SWAT

101matt1

Ok. After my first major skirmish, I noticed that Navy doesn't blend in too great with woods. ( ;) ) Now, I have two options:

-Rainbow Loadout

-SWAT loadout(s)

Here's pro's and con's:

SWAT

Pros:

-I know they use woodland

-Many different guns (from SR-25's to Tompsons!)

-Opens many different loadout/gear possibilities

Cons:

-Can't insure acuracy (I could ask)

-Isn't modled after a specific unit (again, acuracy might be a problem)

Rainbow

Pros:

-Acuracy (I know for sure what they use)

-Is modled after a particular 'agency'

-Just plain neat and original

Cons:

-Can't find a good picture of the stuff I need to see them using

-They don't use Woodland, but 'odd' camos such as ERDL

-Don't tend to use black gear with woodland style camo

See, for me, personally, the cons of Rainbow out weighs the pros. I'm leaning (quite heavily) towards SWAT again, but would like everyone's opinions. :)

(Note: If I was to do SWAT, all it would involve is getting woodland BDU's, and that's about all I can afford [aka- I'm not buying another vest, expensive camo, ect])

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
before i say anything, go with what you think you would prefer to wear for what you use ect, like swat wont look good if its just you by  yourself and everyone else wears dpm and such :P

also, do you have to use those options as your only 2 options?

Well, I lot of people on my team are doing woodland SWAT loadouts, so I'd blend right in. :D

EDIT: Yes. Those are my only options. I have thought about others, but they would end up with me speding over 100-150 more on my loadout. With these two, all I'd have to do is change the BDU's. (aka- about 50 bucks)

Of course he does phoenix, right up until he changes his mind and goes for neither, eh Matt *nod*

;p

I'm watching you, you little....

Rainbow

Pros:

Cons:

(Note: If I was to do SWAT, all it would involve is getting woodland BDU's, and that's about all I can afford [aka- I'm not buying another vest, expensive camo, ect])

well, if you can't afford a rainbow load-out go for SWAT since you dont have to change much other than your navy Counter-Strike loadout, which, not being nasty or anything, was really poor camo for woodland (I have seen the pics, not just guessing here :P).

Plus you confuse yourself. By saying you know for sure what they use I thought that might be your best bet since you could do an accurate load-out. But then your first con was to say "I cannot find a good picture" which leads me to believe you don't know for sure what they're using since if you knew for sure you wouldn't need pics. It's not the best idea to try and base a kit around something you only have an idea for.

Well, I lot of people on my team are doing woodland SWAT loadouts, so I'd blend right in.  :D

EDIT: Yes. Those are my only options. I have thought about others, but they would end up with me speding over 100-150 more on my loadout. With these two, all I'd have to do is change the BDU's. (aka- about 50 bucks)

I'm watching you, you little....

A lot of people on your team are using swat woodland already? Join them. Give your team a unique load-out to base themselves on, at least that way you'll fit in and have an effective camouflage for your region.

And if you hadn't noticed airsoft is an expensive sport :P, If you can't afford more than 50 bucks on your kit I really feel sorry for you. I mean, if I was to create an effective load-out replicating an official unit I'd be happy spending well into the regions of about $1500. I know I've already spent well over that on my weapons and kit, but that's mainly because I'm a wannabe "wannabe.uk" geardo.

Saying that you're probably in the same position as me and don't have a job. At least you already have a good kit for cqb and a basis for a woodland loud-out. If I were you I'd just buy some woodland BDUs from your local surplus store and be done with it. It'll look good with your original gear.

hope that helps and it doesn't sound harsh. I'm only posting to help since my two cents isn't often added, I tend to browse more than input and my forum manners haven't developed yet :). Please think about which kit you'd enjoy yourself more in, airsoft is a hobby, and hobbies are meant to be fun!

Rainbow

Pros:

-Is modled after a particular 'agency'

-Just plain neat and original

Cons:

-They don't use Woodland, but 'odd' camos such as ERDL

-Don't tend to use black gear with woodland style camo

Cause we all know what a fictional and VERY secret organization uses, right? For all we know, they use pink Flecktarn and hang glow sticks from them to stun terrorists.

*snipity-snip*

Not harsh at all. That's what I need; opinions. Not my actual team, but part of our group is doing woodland with Black gear and SWAT patches. I'm thinking that's the way I'll go. ;)

Cause we all know what a fictional and VERY secret organization uses, right? For all we know, they use pink Flecktarn and hang glow sticks from them to stun terrorists.

Yes, you are right. But in game you can see what they use. That's not the public. In the game, you are one of them. You see what they wear. Now, if someone can get a screen cap of Raven Shield with them wearing woodland BDU's and black gear, then that's fine. I'll do that and be happy and might even give you a +1. ;) But until then, It's all SWAT for me.

In any case, I'll be getting woodland BDU's. So, what I need right now is proof of Rainbow (from Raven Shield) with woodland BDU's and black gear.

rainbow? like in rainbow 6?

if you need to see the camo just load up one of the older games and they have all their uniforms in the gear selection screen.

~spoon

Don't have one of the older games or I would. ;) (and I would just buy Raven Shield, but if I find out they don't use Woodland and Black, then that's pretty much 20-30 bucks down the drain)

Yeah, go with the SWAT loadout. it'll save you alot more money and it'll be more realistic. However ditch the normal woodland and get a pair of uber tigerstripes =). You can get the real-deal at bdu.com under 50 ship for a full set.

No, sorry. The team we usually play is wearing tigerstripes. :)

Rainbow. You know you want to do pink flecktarn and glow sticks.... ;)

Have you considered a BHD-esque Delta load-out (only with US Woodland BDUs in stead of US Tri-color Desert)?

Yes. VERY much so. I was think just do a BHD movie style loadout, but my weapons aren't appropriate.

No Oompa Loompas in the Colonial Marines. Never. NEVER NEVER NEVER.

Don't forget that all the people on the Galactica are the people sent there for a quiet end-of-their-career (except for the Marines from the Pegasus, who are no Colonial Marine Commandos, but they aren't the rejects, either). Which I would imagine would include Oompa Loompas.

:pirate:®

Archived