Which secondary?

the_viral_phantom

Which secondary do you think i should get?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which secondary do you think i should get?

• Well' R-4 (MP7 clone)
    • JIEKE M93R AEP
    • Cyma' CM-030 Glock 18C AEP
    • Galaxy' MP5-PDW
    • Jing Gong AK-47 Krinkov

Ok so my shotguns finally given up the ghost and i was looking into getting another secondary.

The rest should be fairly self explanatory,please leave reasons for you're choice and for all you gas fanboys i don't want a gas gun,so don't even suggest it.

Im buying it from rsov and im on a budget so no marui im afraid.

Viral.

Junoske, I have seen quite a few of your posts lately that give false or misleading information. This is one of them. The WELL MP7 is not a great gun. The hopup might as well not exist, as it has almost no affect on the BB. As a result, accuracy and range are lacking quite a bit. The internals are really pi*sy too, so you can't change or upgrade the gun without a lot of work. The battery is smaller than the TM too, so it lasts a shorter time. Plus, if it's a secondary, why on earth would you make it big with a silencer and put a scope on that obstructs your sights? It's a hop-less MP7! A scope is completely useless!

The Jieke M93R has had some rather poor remarks too. The CM030 and DE USP AEP, on the other hand, are fantastic secondaries and I would reccomend either any day. The USP has a slightly higher FPS and a bit lower ROF because of a stronger spring, but it has a metal slide (no real purpose, but feels cool). Unfortunately, I don't think there are any spare mags for it at the moment.

The PDW is a great gun too. That, along with the AK (which I voted for) would make a great secondary. It is very small, very holster-able if you get the right kind, looks cool, and is overall a pretty good gun. I voted for the AK because it is just plain awesome in the performance department. 1J out of the box, great accuracy and firing rate, and the hicaps are bigger than MP5s too (even if by just a little bit). However, it is not quite as holster-able. Really, any of these except the MP7 would do great.

I'd go for the CM 30

The battery is better than the Marui one and all the parts are compatible so getting spare mags wont be a problem and it can use all the accessorys for the Marui.

Any of those last three choices would be fine. I'd say to play the role of a secondary, though, the CYMA would probably be the most practical; doesn't really need to be fiddled around with to use in a tight spot. I have no clue how you'd do that with the AK, even if it is a bit small.

The PDW is your best option mate :)

The hop is ok so you got some range but not a lot, fires at 339 fps, the battery is great but the bad thing is the semi mode of firing jams (i think the gears seize) so the gun does not fire however this is easily fixed by a short round burst of full auto

You can take the stock off it and take off the sling attachment and wham you have an MP5K

Nice :)

if your price range can include the AK and MP5k, then how about going for TWO cyma glocks?

double the rate of fire, you get to look like neo, and other benefits.

however you'll need to practice before you can actually hit anything.....

Get some orange paint, some cardboard boxes and a bit of duct tape and make yourself a HEV suit.

LOL imagine turning up to skirmish in a cardboard HEV suit :lol:

edit: opps better post something on topic.. :P I played with the Cyma' CM-030 Glock 18C AEP the other day, it's low FPS but hey it ain't bad at all. Would be cooler if it stopped firing when you ran out of rounds...oh well can't have everything ;)

Depends where you're playing and what your primary is really. If your primary is a sniper rifle then you probably want something with highish ROF, good FPS and decent mag sizes. The PDW would be ideal, also consider the JG G36.

If it's CQB(ish) and/or your primary is an AEG then the glock with it's low FPS is a pretty good choice

To get into it a bit more deeply, it depends what you actually plan to do with your back-up.

If you're an uber-milsim gucci guerilla then you probably intend to transition from your primary to your backup as the situation dictates.

If you're a more average player then you probably just want something that's a nice contrast to your primary and is a bit useful for getting you out of a tight spot.

The big problem with AEPs is that the trigger-response is delayed, like an AEG, so they aren't totally suited to making snap-shots in CQB environments.

If you want the gun for defensive purposes, to cover your escapes etc, then I'd go with the MP7 purely because it has higher capacity and more beefy magazines than any other AEP.

So, if you want the gun for actually aiming and shooting at people then buy whichever one you prefer. If you want it to spray defensively then I'd suggest going for the MP7.

If you're running an MP5 as a primary, the advantage of the PDW would be shared mags. If one gun dies, you can still use all the mags in the other.

Alternatively, RSOV now have the long mags in for the G18c, so you could put together a nice little package quite cheaply there. Also, it'll sit happily in a holster, rather than needing a sling. Personally, I'd go for the PDW or the G18.

:zorro:

Alternatively, RSOV now have the long mags in for the G18c, so you could put together a nice little package quite cheaply there. Also, it'll sit happily in a holster, rather than needing a sling. Personally, I'd go for the PDW or the G18.

:zorro:

G18 is a decent enough gun.

Having had a play with the long mags, I can imagine people snapping the bottom part off them rather messily.

That's why I'd go for an MP7 rather than a G18 if you want something to lay down a bit of fire.

My group is having excellent luck with the CYMA CM.030's. I have 3 of them and when we chose this pistol as the "team" backup. the price was so reasonable that several of the guys also bought more than one.

While a higher FPS would certainly be nice, the pistols accuracy and ROF is quite good. I mostly use mine in the semi-auto mode and have made some surprisng hits in CQB against some high priced GBB's. The high number of shots per battery charge is also nice.

I generally carry 6 spare mags and I'm working on a magazine holder that will allow you to carry 2-3 mags in a standard pistol mag pouch without having to worry about losing bb's because the magazine was pressed too hard against the bottom of the pouch. If it works, I'll be happy to post the design (it's semi-low tech but should work) as it should be easy to make.

I'm trying to get a hold of the WELL MP7 as well as a Double Eagle USP to try out, but have not lucked out yet.

Archived