Rainbow Lone wolf style....

amsniper

Hi all

i often find that i work better alone!

that way i dont have to worry about the noise that the rest of my team is making - or the extra movement that the cause etc!

i can be quieter - more stealthy - dare i say better on my own!

does anyone else find this works best for them too?

regards amsniper

I love the chance to go 'Lone Wolf' and spend most of the game hiding under a camo net, waiting to ambush people though i would like to go for a DM role with a M14 (like the front cover of Rainbow Six Rogue Spear) it is damn good fun as then you can just watch other get shot at and then as the enemy stands about, looking for more its 'pop out and fire' time

'FireKnife'

Going Prone and Alone

Perhaps at a site with a less than organised team of people you don't know, but not with a team that's practiced and work well together. Pretty obvious stuff that, though.

Perhaps at a site with a less than organised team of people you don't know, but not with a team that's practiced and work well together. Pretty obvious stuff that, though.

At normal games, I find this quite boring and a waste of the day.

each to there own!

Well, for example you can have specific games involving this type of tactic, every man for himself or if your specific role is to be a single unit acting apart from the team.

However in normal games, people who run off by themselves to do what they please, playing just for the kill, not bothering to follow the same objectives and help with the team are very annoying people. It's so selfish and you might as well not be at an airsoft game with other people, it's meant to be social.

Not working at all with the team in a TEAM GAME is ridiculous, everyone's off enjoying themselves and people are just sitting there by themselves, waiting for a random loner walking past, probably on the way to the safezone? Makes me sad.

Yeah I definitely know what it's like to have some noisy bugger following you through the bush, not really giving his movement too much thought, but you aren't the elite and there are people out there with similar skills to you and working with them can be a much more enjoyable game.

wooh - steady on there samm - clearly we have hit a nerve there!

whoever said about buggering about being the silly *albartroth* who wanders around for himself!

- i would have thought that by the title "rainbow style lone wolf" you would have understood that i meant - getting down and dirty and doing the job yourself!

- clearly you missed that! - and it would seem that you do not go around by yourself - so why continue - as i was asking after people who do - its all well and good that thats how you like to play - but a rant is not neccesary

team play can be fun - but at times large groups are a hinderance!

back on topic please people!

regards amsniper

We typically have 1 or 2 people as ghost flankers/"lone wolfs". They aren't really "lone wolfs" because they co-ordinate with the team and assist in assaults and flanking. They do sniping/scouting and sometimes make their own plans, in most games, they separate from the team early on.

It depends whos at the site on the days I'm there.

I'm not in a team but know about 2-3 of the teams that play at my local site pretty well so when their there I join up with them, also theres about 3-4 of regulars like me and we team up quite alot because it is easyer to attack when your not on your own.

If theres noone on site that I know then I'll play the lone wolf looking around for enemy who will be a problem for the rest of the team or trying to find groups who need backup, either that or I'll just charge about with dual pistols :P Its a really good morale booster for the noobs to see some random nutter charging about, I cant wait for the summer so I can do it with fully functional pistols instead of pretty gas cloud dispensers

I personally hate it when people go off on their own and do their own thing. I think that it can be used to the effect to help the team in a distraction or something but just wandering off is...stupid. That takes a guy out of combat helping out your fireteam. If you have a purpose its ok though.

My team is devided into two man groups. In general these two man teams opperate and train together. Having a wingman who knows you well really is a huge advantage in a skirmish situation. No flying solo, we use the buddy system here boyo!

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

;) -->

QUOTE (amsniper @ Mar 29 2007, 03:44 PM - edited version ;) )
...buggering...

...silly *albartroth*...

...getting down and dirty and doing the job yourself!...

...large groups are a hinderance!...

All these words in the same post scare me! :o

---

Seriously, I find myself unable to keep with the pace sometimes so Im often left to go it alone. Which is fine, because at many sites, hi-caps ruin gaming. They bog people down in static positions wasting BBs at long range, arcing the shots up in the air in the hopes of getting a single long range hit.

Im far more dynamic. If I see one of these many stalemates, I go off and do something different to try and turn the tide. Id rather get shot doing something interesting, than survive doing something boring. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. Usually about 50/50 split.

Lone Wolf? Maybe not, Im not so skilled as to call myself special forces. Renegade, maybe.

---

As for the topic, Ive never played Rainbow Lone Wolf style, but I am considering Rainbow Zippy style...

zippy.jpg

+1 to the first person who posts an image of an airsofter dressed like that.

i always find going lone wolf is only really effective on attack/defend games. theres no chance of doing anything usefull going lone wolf on capture the flag. last time out at eversley i went lone wolf defending a position and was really effective, we were basically surrounded and i managed to clear one side of the enemy pincer movement. i was moving along a narrow windy trail so there is no way a whole group of us would have made it down there alive, but obviously it is easier to hide one man than 5. as i said earlier though, this is alright for attack/defend, but in capture the flag or whatever its pretty stupid to go lone wolf. say for example you find the flag and need protection, how are the rest of your team meant to protect you if you are on your own?

i dont like attack/defend or capture teh flag games

they are too much like paintball.

i went to lasham at the weekend and we did games like that - and frankly it was total bollocs!

not to mention the fact that the area was quite small - so lone wolf style was out of the question!

i went out ghilled up with a spotter at one point - useless - just got hosed by the buggers with highcaps!!

be damned spray n pray players!!

what the hell has that got to do with anything?

yet again samm you have demonstrated you lack of ability to read things properly.

i said i dont like attack/defend games - ie in airsoft.

its got nothing to do with the Battle of Normandy. Ok sure if it was an airsoft recreation fine - cool - but it isn't. Perhaps you should pay a little more respect to those who lost their lives there, rather than use them to prove a point?

Perhaps you have difficulty defining what is real and not?

just in case - airsoft is a game my friend.

if you believe otherwise for your wellbeing i recommend you seek medical help.

you clearly have nothing useful to add to this thread - so why do you continue to post?

kindly stop posting here now samm. - i dont want to have to report your spamming to the mods!

regards amsniper

Just trying to relay my opinion on the subject. Sorry I forgot to respond sooner but when I was complaining about lone wolf style tactics I was meaning my personal experience with people like that, it wasn't directed at you, friend.

Also sorry for my apparent lack of respect, I wasn't meaning that to come across in such a way either. I was only trying to use it as a classic example, as after all airsoft is oringinally known as 'wargaming'.

Airsoft could be and has been a reenactment sport though.

what the hell has that got to do with anything?

yet again samm you have demonstrated you lack of ability to read things properly.

i said i dont like attack/defend games - ie in airsoft.

its got nothing to do with the Battle of Normandy. Ok sure if it was an airsoft recreation fine - cool - but it isn't. Perhaps you should pay a little more respect to those who lost their lives there, rather than use them to prove a point?

He was using it as an example to demonstrate that attacking and defending happens in more then just paintball, there are literally 1000's of examples to choose from, most famous battles tend to be tales of some place defending against the odds, how you cannot see this is beyond my comprehension quite frankly and the fact that you find it offensive boggles my mind. Once again you have demonstrated your ability to type out a coherent sentence and accept any opinion other then your own.

I love Lone Wolfs, I think they are a great part of the game..... as long as they are on the other team :D

A well put together group can easily overtake a lone wolf if executed properly, sure you might get the drop on them and take out a some of them before the others eliminate you, but if you are playing against a bunch of misfits then Lone Wolfs can do pretty well I suppose. My personal feelings on a lone wolf is they are a liability, if a friendly player who is out on his own gets into trouble he has little to no ability to support himself, thus requiring others, who have their own objectives, to bail his *albatross* out or leave him to die. Im sure this style of play is more effective/common in smaller games where a lone wolf will be less likely to be significantly outnumbered, but should a single player come across 4 or more well put together players, he had best sit quiet or be overrun by superior strength

He was using it as an example to demonstrate that attacking and defending happens in more then just paintball, there are literally 1000's of examples to choose from, most famous battles tend to be tales of some place defending against the odds, how you cannot see this is beyond my comprehension quite frankly and the fact that you find it offensive boggles my mind.  Once again you have demonstrated your ability to type out a coherent sentence and accept any opinion other then your own.

I understand that - but i was talking about airsoft! -

I meant that in a game of airsoft i do not like attack defend style games - ie paintball style where one side attacks an objective - then the roles are switched and they then defend!

- this arose as i played such a game last weekend and i found it well...######!

...i just scrolled down and saw samm's post

i accept that apology

i must say that it is very difficult to relay the expression and meaning we get through speach via text.

to Skarclaw - i am very opinionated at times - and not always in a good way.

Apologies to any whom i have caused offense!

lets get back on topic shall we gentlemen?

ecrrrainman

- i have to say i both agree and dissagree with you there!

indeed a well put together group cant slaughter a lone wolf

but at the same time an experienced lone wolf can cause havoc even in "well put together" groups

- i have seen this first hand! - i was in a group of about 20 defending a base at GZ - granted we did not expect anything and were not on a high alert - but we were opened up upon by a single lone wolf - who after killing about 5 - re hid himself - where he then bang killed me - and was shortly after shot himself! -ok he didnt take the base by himself but he did a damn good job at scaring the *beep* out of the 20 of us!

regards amsniper

Archived