Best Metal Body Manufacturer

hkssr20det

Which of these do you rate highest.  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these do you rate highest.

• PGC
    • Prime
    • Shooters Design
    • Other

I tend to like PGC and SD best, but the BoomArms (reputed to be Prime) slide I just got is so nice I might need to try a Prime kit. I steered clear of them due to the amount of fitting necessary, but the quality seems to be above the rest. Which would you use if they all made the same kit and price was not a factor.

If you choose other please let me know what you would choose.

I voted other and I would choose guarder because I just can't justify spending 3 times as much on a metal kit as you did on the gun itself. Having seen and handled a few guarder kits, they really are nice, especially considering how inexepensive they are.

Voted for prime.

But, do you limit the choice to 1911 kits ?

Because, for example, SD slide for KSC usp has a superb finish; whereas the prime one is not terrible.

And pgc kit for marui p226 has also a superb finish.

I would agree with hbc, SD slides have always large tolerances, meaning your slide will cycle fine, but will have a lot of play.

And I wouldn't agree with hbc about pgc finish.

PGC matte black finish is better than prime, and more durable.

To conclude, you can't tell who the best manufacturer of metal kits is. It all depends on the gun.

Yeah, it does all depend on what specific model. I was more looking for what company would you choose to build a kit for you, based on your past experiences with them. Like for the Five-seveN, which hasn't been released yet. What manufacturer would you like to put out the kit first, and would expect to be the best (until the reality sets in).

I have PGC slide for my TM Glock17 and SD slide for KSC SIG PRO and WA Delta Elite.

All of them are nice slides. But I found SD slides tends to have bluish black finish to it. PGC has very dark gray which is quite pleasant. Quite realistic finish. I don't like the choice of color on SD slide. I wish it were flat black or dark gray. Not dark blue. Fitting on both cases were flawless.

SD slide seems made with better/lighter material. PGC glock17 weighed 84gram, while SIG PRO slide weighed 82gram.(same weight as stock HW slide) Keep in mind that SIG PRO slide is alot chunkier and thicker than Glock slide.

I didn't like prime much.(for KSC USP) Never had it on my gun but saw it once. I'm not a big fan of bead blast.

Like for the Five-seveN, which hasn't been released yet.  What manufacturer would you like to put out the kit first, and would expect to be the best (until the reality sets in).

Like reality meaning that there should be no metal kit for the Five-seveN?

Anyway, back on topic. I'm a very cheap person, so likewise I look for cheap HK metal kits. Fitting them isn't that bad, and they usually cycle fine once you've fitted them. Paint strips off of them like a bad paintjob, but for displays, and general skirmishing, I think they're fine.

I voted Prime for look and feel.

The finish on their slides and frames is very good. I haven't had any experience with PGC although I've only heard good things and they look good in the pictures I've seen of them. Shooters Design are also good, although like someone said their finish tends to have a bluish tinge to it.

I'm intrigued as to what the 'other' manufacturers are that people have voted for?

Creation are good, although on the P226 kit that I've got the trademarks aren't as comprehensive as the Prime or PGC ones. Guarder are a cheaper option but I think this is reflected in the fact that their cast as opposed to CNC'd like all the others.

However if were taking ease of fitting Prime probably falls down to the bottom of the list along with the Guarder stuff, with Creation PGC and maybe Shooters Design at the top.

metal bodies for GBB:

1) PGC by far. . Prime doesn't come close to their quality.

2) Sheriff (only becaue the cost is so much higher than everyone else)

3) Prime (only because they make complete kits, not just slides)

4) SD (only because they rarely make metal frames, however, I like their slides more than Prime)

5) ZEKE

6) Z-shot/Systema

7) Guarder

8) Creation/Action

Metal bodies for AEGs (depends on gun):

1) Guarder

2) Hurricane

3) G&P

4) Systema

Many PGC slides I've seen are milspec hard anodized. .not all SD/Prime slides are. . that's why some slides scratch so much easier.

I think Prime's notoriety for poor fitment on their 1911 kits is why I rate PGC higher. PGC's finish, detail, fit, cost, quality assurance surpasses Prime.

People like Prime so much because they are 1911 enthusiasts. .and Prime is one of the few companies that make ALOT of 1911 complete kits (slide/frame/barrels) . .moreso than anyone else. .so, if you want a full metal WA 1911. .you have no choice than to go with a Prime kit. .

For PGC, GBBs are no longer their focus thus they've reduced the # of WA parts/slides/frames. . .and let Prime take over.

If PGC was still making every metal slide/frame for every WA made, I'd still stick with PGC. But like I said. .I have no choice nowadays than to buy Prime cuz PGC doesn't make it.

Archived