Sheriff, but where?

Jeffreyjames

Why do you want Sheriff frames/slides specifically? They're very rare outside Japan and the ones available on Den etc are expensive, don't look very nice and are for older, non-SCW guns.

@Hitman:

I mean everything else is difficult to get too. I like quite realistic things... and WA is there one of the only solutions...

I mean, I wanna have a Colt 1911 Series 70 or 80 in black, fullmetal, and with any kind of nightsights...

And if possible SCW3.... it sounds like impossible, and Prime.. well I had a bad kit, and I dont want that to repeat. PGC is cool, but they are always sold out.

Any suggestions? :(

Prime is the only way you'll get an s70/80 at the moment, and their kits are the best quality finish etc, just not particularly good QC (require more fitting).

I think their current kit is around 330 dollars and comes with steel chamber too.

--

You'll have trouble finding any blade-type night sights unless you go real steel or modify the slide to take novak style sights.

ta.

Well, keep in mind sheriff slides and frames are casted. Even the fbi bureau custom.

That said, sheriff frame will fit every gun from magna to scw3 (except the para frame).

Prime kits are the best performers. On PGC kits, the junction between the nozzle and the magazine rubber is not that good, resulting in lower performance than prime.

Maybe the reason pgc sells magazine rubbers with different heights.

The finish is good on both prime and pgc. I finf prime finish to be more fragile.

About the fitting, prime kits are not that difficult to assemble if you take time using your brain.

@Mathub: Yeah not that difficult, just need to Dremel the s****.

Well does any one know now where to get the Sheriff stuff?

If not, I have then to go with the Prime.

@Hardboiledcop: Yes, I thought about real sights, I dont like replicas. Which ones fit and how would I fit a Novak?(Is that possible?)

Thanks,

Jeff

• 1 month later...
never bought one, but judging from Creation kits for other guns (eg. p226) I'd say that Prime and PGC are leaps and bounds ahead in terms of quality.

They aren't quite that bad!

The finish could be a little more realistic but they are still very high quality and require almost zero modification.

Whats the use of a good looking kit if you have to butcher it to get to work?

FYI. . .not all Sheriff slides are casted. .Sheriff is pretty distinct with their kits. .if they say it is CNC from 6061 or 7075/6. .then it is. .if it doesn't say, then it's casted. . ZEKE does the same thing. Most of their slides are casted. .but certain kits are billet aluminum. The correct term is actually not casted but "sintering" method. . it's a process of fusing metal powder in a mold with heat and pressure.

It's not a very structural method of manufacturing. . I've covered this in other threads ..my friend and I, (and others) busted our Sheriff Beretta 92 slides with green gas. . because of the sintered slides.

No matter what. .if they are casted. .they are always finished up with CNC machining to clean it up and give all the details.

Sheriff has some of the BEST looking/most realistic parts out on the market. .and their attention to detail is reflected in their prices.

realism. . Sheriff takes the cake. . PGC/Prime are best in quality/price/detail/etc.

It's very hard to get ahold of Sheriff to buy direct even though their website says you can. Most of the time, they ask for you to contact a Sheriff authorized dealer/retailer to get what you want.

If you still can't get anything. . contact Clarence Lai at Redwolf. . he has a very good relationship with them .. .for the right money, Clarence will do anything or get you anything for you related to airsoft.

Sheriff 1911 frames work with both Magna & SCW systems. When you see a Sheriff frame you'll know why.

I have not seen Sheriff SCW hicap frames yet. .but I'm sure they can make it. .

Sheriff is a custom shop. . if you fork out the money, they will be your b1tch.

I have not seen any SCW slides from Sheriff either. Pretty much all Magna.

They're still the premiere shop for 'custom" 1911 guns. . Prime just makes limited qty kits whereas Sheriff will make a one of a kind kit/gun.

Basically, on prime kit, I don't use dremel. You can ruin your kit with this.

I use some little hand files. Like that I can use it in the rails of the frame (the major problem with these kits).

exactly. . you will RARELY ever need a Dremel. A set of needle files. . maybe a small sanding block (to keep surfaces flush/flat/true) with various grits, maybe even a deburing knife/tool is all you need on ANY metal kit.

If you know anything about metal working and filing.. you file in one direction only..esp aluminum. .otherwise you will "gum" up your file if you file in a sawing motion. . .once your file "gums" up and you continue to "saw" you will start damaging the metal surface. .and you don't want to mess up your metal kit this way.

same goes with using a Dremel (if you must). .use only the sanding drum. . don't use the stone because aluminum is very soft. .it will fill up the stone and render it useless. .carbide cutter with large "fluting" works good for fast removal of material.

TRUE custom guns require alot of tuning. . even in steel it's that way. . .except everything there is machined not handfiled. . .Prime kits are usually oversized so you can tune the frame guides down just enough to get the right amt. of slack/play from the slide. PGC kits are just a bit oversized from stock. .closer to stock than Prime's. Thus PGC kits are close to drop-in fitting.

I have a  Magna 5 frame in silver. Is it something you would need?

(double-takes). . you have 5" METAL silver frame (for Magna) ?

please elaborate. .Allizard is looking for a 5 or 6" IED metal frame (as is ALOT of others who have an IED). . .which means several things:

1) Magna

2) Infinity trademarks

3) 1911, not widebody/hicap 2011

Archived