Dirt and holsters/sidearms...

101matt1

Yeah. I'm still thinking go with the HSGI. I talked with HaVoC a bit about it, and he said that he thought it was the best non-molded holster around. I've been looking at safarilands on ebay, and even there, used, they are more than a new HSGI which remedys my problem better than a 6004. -_-

Hmm...I just got a pretty good offer on a SafariLand (thanks to Vic) and I was just wondering about the dirt thing. My one and only question is, for anyone who has a safariland 6004, crawls around, or lies prone a good bit, does your gun get very dirty? The HSGI is a back-up plan for now...

OK. Here's an 'off-the-wall' alternative solution.

Take your holster, and strap it to the stock of your rifle, on the R/H side..

Then, when you want/need your pistol, just whip it out with your right hand (you are right handed aren't you? :D ) as you swing the rifle away on it's sling with your left hand. (reverse all that if you're left-handed)

It's never more than a few inches away from your firing hand, it doesn't get dragged through the dirt and muck, it shouldn't be in the way and...well, what more do you need? :P .

I did this at one of my first games (I'd forgotten to take a belt :blush: ) and it worked well.

Looks kind of cool as well, if that's something you're after ;):D .

Ha. Nice thinking...but uh... P90. ;)

Just talked to HaVoC on MSN and we both agreed, for my situation only, the HSGI would still be a better idea. So does anyone know of a good place to buy it from? I'm off to shop right now. ;) Thanks ahead.

Ha. Nice thinking...but uh... P90. ;)

Just talked to HaVoC on MSN and we both agreed, for my situation only, the HSGI would still be a better idea. So does anyone know of a good place to buy it from? I'm off to shop right now. ;) Thanks ahead.

Or use a Mag pouch on your vest...

Don't keep spare mags in your holster - even if there is a pouch for it.

It's possibly the most awkward and uncomfortable place to put mags.

Keep pistol mags on your chest or belt.

YES

As a gearwhore, this is one of the top things that really irk me.

It just doesn't make sense to have them there. If you prefer to be slower and less efficient, then please keep your mags on your holster.

The SERPA doesn't cover much of the pistol at all.

Safariland picks up dirt like a shovel.

Look around Optactical and find a picture of a holster that covers your gun completely.

I run a Bianchi GI "suicide" M-12 flapped holster for my 4.3 hi cap. I clip it to my CIRAS with a little bit of cordura strap to tie it down at the bottom. I usually put it between my medic bag and my double m-4 pouch. Seems to work alright. I had it on a drop leg platform and it was terrible. The 4.3 is a little small for it but it's not a problem as the flap holds it down pretty securely. I keep my spare mags in my pistol mag pouch that came with my CIRAS on my chest..though I'm thinking of changing that...we'll have to see

Just my two cents...

Archived