pullback power

heroshark

The first time I ever came across airsoft guns was at school.A bunch of kids were skirmishing with pullbacks in their form room :waggle: which they all got suspended for :D .From that point I knew I had to get one.I asked my mum if I could get one.The answer to that question was " NO WAY!".I was sad :( but I had a plan.I saved my dinner money and my friends dad bought it for me :o .It was a mauri H&K p7 (best pullback ever :rolleyes: ).In that box was also a mauri catalogue .It was then when I realized my dream to one day own an AEG :) .

A few years down the line now .I have grasped that dream and squeezed the trigger :D ,but there is nothing quite like a good pullback . Of which I can remember every one :rolleyes: (oh the memories)and how they set me on my quest to become an airsofter.I still pack a pullback in my kit because its funny when you take out people out with it ,and this is it.the wather TPH (which I have upgraded so it packs a bit more punch :D ).The other 2 are not airsoft (I would like them to be)I've just put them there to compare size.Does anyone else still pack a pullback?

Do shotguns and snipers count as springers?

If so, then yes..

And why do you call them pullbacks

Because with springer pistols, you have to pull them back to cock them, sounds sensible to me for someone to come up with that name if they'd not heard the term "cheap springer"

Haha, that sounds like what some Waianae (a local ghetto kinda) kids I know would call springers. I can see them saying that easily... But then again, they're just starting highschool or something like that...

And yep, I have a Marui P228 non HG with modded adjustable hopup. Still flings plastic quite far... Absolutely no accuracy lol.

I used to but, it broke. Now when i want to pistol kill someone i use my CYMA G18C AEP, but the funny thing i'm trying out now is to kill someone with my old TM EBB. The shame of being killed by a gun worse than a springer would make my day.

But yep, i remember my childhood buying guns from the markets and thinking they were the bees-nees. My mum actually bought them for me, she was never against me and guns, probably because my dad was an armed police officer but still.

Springers are, IMO, the under-appreciated heart of airsoft. How many of us got into this cash-draining hobby after innocently buying a springer pistol, then reading the catalogue that came with it?

:zorro:

*Raises hand*

I bought a Cyberwank gun and browsed through the catalogue and found AEGs. After a quick browse across the internet. I had bought an ICS MP5.

Ah... good times.

Springers where what got me playing airsoft. We were on a biology field trip in high school (sixth form) and a load of the boys got these cheap springers from the beach shop, and were running around the hotel shooting us and each other. So... a few of us girls got some the next day, only i had the foresight that still haunts me today and bought a bag of spare ammo too :) boy did we get revenge:)... i still had it ithe summer after, and i decided that id get a better one for plinking, got a tm usp springer. and the rest as they say, is history :)

Archived