Cheap tommy gun

twiglet

OK I've seen the clone Thompson's for sale and it got me thinking, would it be possible to use one of those to modify one of the old spring Chicago typewriter Tommy guns so you could have a real automatic Tommy gun without shelling out the £700 for all the parts to make one from a TM model.

I'm not entirely clear on how either model breaks down but the set-up I imagine would be very similar so if anyone has any thoughts please share them.

that website is aufull! "one jould is equil to 1.4 foot pounds" !!!! its the other way around, idiots.

however, back on topic. That springer is not strong enough to fit a tommy gun gearbox, nor is it big enough. The walls are thicker than the TM so you would need to remove a lot of plastic (dremel/sanding/nail file) to get the TM box in, making the reciever a lot weaker.

Personally i'd buy the ACM woodkit, to get the wooden stock. I'd then look around for a replica foregrip, or a real steel one. www.relics.org would be a good place to start.

As for the barrel, you could either get it machined, or make it by fitting disks of plasticard or suchlike around the existing, or custom barrel.

Personally i'd buy the ACM woodkit, to get the wooden stock. I'd then look around for a replica foregrip, or a real steel one. www.relics.org would be a good place to start.

As for the barrel, you could either get it machined, or make it by fitting disks of plasticard or suchlike around the existing, or custom barrel.

Vertical foregrip replicas and original stocks are available on IMA USA for $20 and $35, respectively.

Here are some links:

http://www.ima-usa.com/product_info.php/cP...e3d8f94de1d47b8

http://www.ima-usa.com/product_info.php/cP...e3d8f94de1d47b8

Here is the page with all the Thompson "bits." If you'll note, they have finned barrels for $200, or the entire upper section for $295 (even with the Cutts Compensator).

http://www.ima-usa.com/index.php/cPath/4_2...e3d8f94de1d47b8

Shipping, of course, will be considerable if you live in the UK.

No, I mean you said:

It's like: A=B, and B=A.

No dismemberd I think you are now mistaken. When ED-SKaR said other way round, he did not mean:

one jould is equil to 1.4 foot pounds should be 1.4 foot pounds is equal to one joule

he meant:

one jould is equil to 1.4 foot pounds should be 1.4 jould is equil to one foot pounds

Sorry to butt in, this might not help, but it's just a thought, could the new Scorpion magazines be converted to fit a thompson, they would look quite accurate, I haven't held one, or seen one's proper size, but they look about right, something to look into maybe?

Archived