Unicorn ASK74U Review

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have to find the cable to my camera

but i found my problem and i have no clue how to fix it.

Unicorn welded the rear sight block crookedly to the right on the steel battery cover receiver.

so it doesn't close properly unless i use force to push it to line up with the button...

it causing a shift into a lot of parts.

any clue how to fix?

@ Exorcist_86: I have not changed the hop-up but the bucking, this small plastic piece that looks like a piece of electric wire that push the hop-up rubber down the hop-up chamber. I've changed it by a H hop-up bucking. The advantage is that it should put an equal pressure on the rubber each (upper) side of the BB. I hope I am clear enough in this explanation. After having tried the unicorn today during a skirmish, I am fully satisfied with the hop-up.

@Greatwatermelon: It seems to me that your front set, the upper and lower handguards are not fitted properly. This is certainly the reason why you are experiencing some problems with your top cover. If you carefully look at the pic herebelow, you will notice that those parts are closer to the mainframe/metal body (sorry I dont know the exact english word for it) than yours. Take it down and reassemble those parts.

1001945bhr5.jpg

Edited by klh31

dscf1055ns0.jpg

if that is what u mean by the handguards. but besides that

the top receiver cover is giving me tons of problems...

i am getting a new bolt from someone sometime this week, so i can't do any shaving right now. but i am very certain the rear sight block is not welded down on the top cover properly... cause when i put it ontop of a flat surface. the rear sight is point diagonally right

Edited by greatwatermelon

dscf1055nn0.jpg

broken image previously...

That is picture of when the top battery cover receiver is bended through force to fit the button into the hole. not so obivous but it is causing a bit of problems...

Gunnerairsoft did a very sloppy job for my gun. i would have never had this problem if they did not simply slap on some tape and not check my problem. also i got a defective battery from them...

i took somemore pictures to show u what i mean.

The top cover is placed on a flat surface so the top cover is tottaly flat. as u can see, the rear block sights is crooked diagonally right.

dscf1080je5.th.jpg

This is what happens when i try to place the cover down...before forcing it to match with the hole.

dscf1074mp2.th.jpg

Is it just me or are the gaps a little too wide?

dscf1073iw0.th.jpg

http://www.russianmaniaworkshop.com/shop.asp,

by the way, i fixed many of my problems.

this AK was suppose to be my secondary during the game.

but my trusty CA Aug A1 SMG broke within first 10minutes of an airsoft event skirimish. first the front handle pin. then my gun stopped firing, no responds. then i was desparte for it to work. and my fuse just lit up after trying to full auto.

so my AKS74u became the primary.

it chronoed at 370 fps. and was really accuarte and stuff. got lots of kills

performs well, but externals aren't so solid. just gotta do some work to it i guess.

I see some people slating Gunners work,i have to say that i ordered my gun 2 weeks before the October 1st deadline along with loads of other people.Gunner & his team must have been rushed off their feet during this time but my gun came through in excellant condition.The only problem of note was the bolt handle because the guide is to short but it's like that in all the Unicorns & the other AKS74Us as well from what i've seen.

It sounds like the factories QC department failed miserably but Gunner & crew should have picked up on all the faults still!

No technical issues with mine after having followed this topic for some corrections; mainly:

- bolt carrier replaced by a Guarder one

- hop-up bucking changed

- color of the handguards changed

- weathering done

-snip-

Many thanks to you all for this very informative topic.

klh....... :o

In AWE of your gun mate! simply gorgeous!

You should post those images or maybe some new different ones in the 'battle worn' thread!!!

top job!

Sorry to jump in, but the pictures of the Kobra mounted intrigued me. From talking to Hoppum and trying to mount my kobra on his VFC AKS74U (which this is supposedly a clone of), I believed the Kobra to be incompatible, due to slight size discrepancies in the manufacture. However now you have built my hopes up. Is it possible for someone to confirm that this is compatible?

Cheers. :)

Sorry to jump in, but the pictures of the Kobra mounted intrigued me. From talking to Hoppum and trying to mount my kobra on his VFC AKS74U (which this is supposedly a clone of), I believed the Kobra to be incompatible, due to slight size discrepancies in the manufacture. However now you have built my hopes up. Is it possible for someone to confirm that this is compatible?

Cheers. :)

Quoting Russian Mania Workshop blog:

"Recently, friends of mine keep asking me whether it can fit Russian optic ? For those who own a VFC AKS74U may find that the rail is a bit small, so that the installed optic is loosen.

Just a quick update, the Unicorn AKS74U optic rail is in correct size ."

http://blog.russianmaniaworkshop.com/

Btw, i think this is a clone of Guarder/Inokatsu AKS74U not VFC.