HELP. What should I do next to this gun?

Hillslam

I started the day just wanting to get an old M4 running again.

(It was my first airsoft gun and began eating tappet plates over a year ago after I took a full faceplant on it into the ground). I gave up on fixing it ayear ago but came back to it today and got it rebuilt and sort of just kept going.

Here's where I am so far:

gallery_9287_404_229692.jpg

Better pics here:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2007-7/1271097/DSC03490.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2007-7/1271097/DSC03489.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2007-7/1271097/DSC03491.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2007-7/1271097/DSC03492.JPG

So what do I do next. Note I am *not* wanting to make a marksman SPR or sniper rifle so I don't need bipods or big scopes. I'm leaving the internals alone and its an M4 barrel with matched ported cylinder. I *do* want a good grip on it but an ambidextrous one since I'm a leftie. What else do you suggest?

Cran Stock?

Full stock?

Different flashider?

PEQ?

More heatshields?

Flashlight?

ACOG?

Flip up sights?

ELCAN?

Disco ball?

Hogue grip? (remember - ambidextrous a must)

Thanks in advance for all ideas.

I'm putty in your hands. Tell me what to do.

I like the handle, just move it back where it belongs.

flip up front sight.

Crane stock or full stock would look good, though I'd go with the full stock; doesn't look much like a CQB gun anyways.

Uh... with all the rails, it would be a waste not to use. I'd add a green aiming laser on the side (green is MUCH more visible than red, even in bush). Maybe a flashlight. But yeah. Don't waste all that space you have.

rismonster.jpg

On a more constructive note:

I really like how the front end looks, the bull barrel bit. I am so digging that style. Personally, I would:

Add foregrip

Add bipod

Move carry handle back to where it damn-well belongs! OR fit a BUIS

Add foresight, preferably BU flip-up style

Add ready-mag system

Add crane stock - these really are the most comfy stocks Ive ever used

Add zero-mag red-dot sight of your choice

Rear-wire

Optional:

Paint pink ;)

But thats just me!

i think i would throw some tango down or magpul rail covers on that rail, it's just not all that attractive to me right now for some reason. the circumference of the free float tube is just too wide. either that, or get a different rail - i like the length of the rail you have now, so maybe an MRE? there's that chinese one out now...

at first i thought your flash hider was a KX3, but now i see it looks to be some sort of silencer. i would get a longer outer barrel, taking it up to 14.5 or maybe even 16. use whatever flashider you like, i'm more partial to standard and QD flashiders over the fancy spiked things, personaly.

buy a set of flip up sites for it, most definitely. if you decide to go the MRE route, you'll have a bit more flexibility. right now you're going to be mounting a set to the end of your RIS, and that just doesn't sound like a party to me... i guess i like low profile stuff.

My vote would be a sopmod/crane stock, as well - it'd balance the look and let you have a place to put that battery.

i think it would make a glorious reece/recon type rifle with a 16 inch barrel. i know you said you didn't want anything too long range, but man i just think it would look killer to throw a LaRue SPR scope mount (or the chinese equivalant) on there with a 1x-4x scope. maybe a Doctor type red dot scope for backup.

acog would work fine too, though.

have you tried MIAD grips? they're ambi, and i quite like them.

if you like color, consider making it part Flat Dark earth. maybe just the lower, and the grip/stock. or just the upper/ris. whatever you like.

looking good so far, good luck.

definitely getting some ris covers for it. can't find low profile ones i like yet.

Keeping it short, when I need a long field rifle I use this.

I like the silencer because I like the Noveske look and don't want to buy a Noveske flashider and also I like the foam in the silencer giving some cushion to that freefloater barrel end.

the ACOG kinda defeats the need for sights but I may still slap a set on there

Archived