GBB MP40

snowman

I love that we are all in the 'honeymoon' stage here, and don't get me wrong, I will own one of these-

But I feel compelled to remind everyone that if by some stroke of magical luck this gun works reliably out of the box on green/propane whatever, and further, if it is actually skirmishable, out of the box.....

It will be a Marushin first <_<

As a Marushin owner, I remind everyone that they are great for collectors, realism junkies- But skirmishable? That's what the full metal AGM's are for ;)

Hmmm...is it too soon to wonder out-loud if the Marushin blow-back system will port over to the AGM? :P

Mind you the fun factor would make it worth it!

Exactly.

By the way, I've had a go on the export version M1 Garand and M2 Carbine and they are a blast. Only skirmish problem with the Garand is the ultra-realistic clip ejection - it would totally suck to always stop and hunt around on the ground for the ejected clip everytime you've shot 8 rounds...

Well, as he's in Austria (assuming the flag's right), you'll find that his girlfriend isn't just worried what the neighbours might think - Nazi memoribillia is severly restricted there (for obvious reasons) and it's a crime to deny the Holocaust...

Of course being Herman 'The German', you'd be the expert on this ;)

Cheers.

Vintage ABS, now that made me chuckle....THEY DIDN'T HAVE ABS IN THE 1940's!!! lmao.

...er um...... :unsure:

of course you realize what they mean there is an ABS gun made to look vintage right? :P

We know that the gun isn't full metal like a TOP or an AGM, it's plastic as with most Marushins, so what I believe most of us realized is that they are releasing a 'weathered' look MP40 ;)

El Cactus Loco in spot on that Bakelite was used for the grips etc, and Bakelite is older than WWII, but again, they are talking about a ABS replica that appears to be 'vintage'

ZOMG! An Airsoft MP40?!?!11212....THEY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TEH AIRSOFTS IN THE 1940's!! :D

I want one. Bad. But have no money and my GF would kill me if I bought Nazi equiptment. She made a big fuss about having a Schwastika on a helmet my friend gave me a few years back from a German SS unit... I don't know who she'd handle an Mp40... :rolleyes:

Just tell her it is the new wapon of choice for Jakarta Peoples Milita Army :)

• 2 weeks later...

From the LA Gunshop site:

LA Gunshop

MP40 "MatBlack" (Matte)

img_2matte.jpg

MP40 "Vintage"

img_22.jpg

img_4.jpg

Apparently the 'Vintage' edition will represent the weapons use by Israeli forces during their Israel/Arab conflicts after the birth of the nation in 1948

img_1.jpg

A couple of interesting things, apparently like most new Marushin products, the MP40's will utilize the "LD-2" dual hop-up barrel system. And I think LA Gunshop shows they will be available this month, however the MP40 has not been listed on the SANKEN product list yet- I generally don't expect anything until it shows there. For instance, LA still shows the TM MAC10 as available shortly, yet it was SANKEN that broke the postponement news.

Slainte!

• 3 weeks later...

Out at Redwolf now too, $230-ish for the standard "2007" model, $250-ish for the "vintage 1945" model.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...;menu2=52#23598

Edit: Okay, I was a bit off with the prices, so fixed, and put in a better link.

Archived