Airsoft in Germany

uscrocks29

Well, I'll be going to Germany for a month in June of 2008 as apart of an exchange program. As I've seen a fair amount of Germans on here, I was wondering what the airsoft scene is like in Germany. Is it fairly well received by the public, as paintball is in the states? Is there a decent amount of players, or are you guys few and far between? What are some of the laws you guys have regarding replicas and skirmishing? Thanks in advance.

Well, I'll be going to Germany for a month in June of 2008 {...}. What are some of the laws you guys have regarding replicas and skirmishing? Thanks in advance.

Playing Airsoft in Germany is not much fun as it's very restrictive.

Many Germans play in neighbouring countries for that reason.

All AEGs above 0.5J are considered Real Firearms under German Law.

Those AEGs must be approved by the authorities and get a marking ("F" sign in a Pentagon).

You need a special license to carry them in the public (which is impossible to get) and you can only use them in a private confined area or in your business facilities. Btw, Full Auto Firing guns are not allowed - only Semi.

Enjoy your time in Germany. :D

Well, as KWP already said Laws are pretty strict.

Everything above 0,5J has to have a "F-im-Fünfeck", and is allowed semi Auto only. Lasers are forbidden.

But, to avoid confusion about the registration: You don't need to register the Weapon with the Police (as I have to), you can buy them in Shops alright.

Also, carrying them in a "unable to shoot" Mode (Safe, Mag and Battery removed) is allowed. "Führen" means carrying them ready to shoot.

Für den Transport vom Eigenheim zum Gelände muss das Spielgerät verschlossen und nicht geladen sein - sie ist somit nicht schussbereit.

Also, by the General Public Airsoft is not very accepted, after repeated Media "Coverages" portraying Airsofters as Gun-Freaks and Paramilitary Nuts who only want to kill People.

There are lots of Players tough, I always enjoy meeting them in France when I play. :D

E: Whoops.

To add that lasers are forbidden. The possesion and import off any device that can be mounted on a gun and illuminate the target is prohibited.

although the possesion of a taclight, a remote switch and a 1" (optics)mountring is legal, together they are illegal.

Hi,

I currently live and skirmish in France but I will soon be moving to Germany (but only 2km form the boarder with France). Do the German players that come over only play with their "special" semi-auto guns or how do they manage? It would be a big (and expensive) shame to have to sell my guns and buy new ones in Germany... :(

makes you realise how lightly us brits got off really doesnt it

Yeah, but the funny thing is that a few years ago their laws concerning real-steel were revised in order to legalise semi-auto, magazine fed, military-style rifles. So now you can own all kinds of tasty stuff like totally-authentic, semi-auto MP40 replicas, etc.

Go figure...

That's what I do. I keep all my replicas at a mate's in the UK and fly over every now and then. If you book at least a month ahead you can get some good deals from Easy Jet, Thompson Fly or BMI Baby. I usually pay around 70 Euros (50-ish quid) for the roundtrip.

Yeah, but the funny thing is that a few years ago their laws concerning real-steel were revised in order to legalise semi-auto, magazine fed, military-style rifles. So now you can own all kinds of tasty stuff like totally-authentic, semi-auto MP40 replicas, etc.

Military-style? Screwing a Handdrills vertgrip to your competion Airguns tank could have been enough.

On the other hand if you cover up the complete gun in wood (very civilian :rolleyes: ) it was legal again, it is a purely cosmetic regulation.

That Law does not only concern Real steel, it concerns every kind of gun , combined with the higher

maximum muzzle energy from 0,08J to 0,5J, the number of incidents with shitheads went sky high.

So the Antigunlobby wants the Paragraph back, its already on the Backdoor of the german Gunlaw again.

Getting Realsteelguns in germany is a very cost, time and effort intensive process, but keeps most idiots out.

With all the BS of the gunlaw this aspect works somehow.

Most of the things are said about airsoft in Germany:

• It is definitely not accepted as a sport

• there are no official areas or properties for skirming officially

• If you want to play with airoft stronger than 0,5J, you need to have a lot of things cleared … really a lot … you cannot just put out your guns, walk ahead and play

• Weapons are regulated -> the thing with the F it looks like this f_zeichen.jpeg

Thats the most important thing that is completely different to other countries:

- In Germany, every gun or pellet shooting object with muzzle velocity over 0,5J needs to have this F-Sign.

- Only this sign makes a gun a „free gun“ (freie Waffe) which can be bought and owned from the age of 18. But you have to face strict regulations with handling. You are not allowed to carry it in the public.

- You have to transport it like a real weapon in a locked box.

- You are only allowed to use it on private proberty with the permission of the owner.

– You are not allowed to chance any shooting relevant part by yourself -> this means NO TUNING

- If you do so, you need to have the airsoft checked by technical governmental bureau, that is officially authorized to check weapons, to make the airsoft legal again. And that's very expensive (that's why a lot of players just put tuning to their airsoft and make it illegal).

Other very important thing:

NO FULL AUTO or BURST on softairs with more than 0,5 Joule muzzle velocity!!! That's why so many Germans go play in France etc.

- In Germany you cannot order airsofts or slides outside of Germany … for example from an Asian retailer.

- Every airsoft model first has to be approved by the offical technical bureau and has to be permitted the F

- Then German importers can get the guns to Germany, have to pay custody fees, have to make them semiauto only (with AEGs and Fullauto-GBBs) and mark them with an F

- Germany has strong trademark policy: you wouldn't find airsofts with original Markings, if the importer doesn't have the exclusive trading licences for Germany … that's why Glock- and HK-Markings have to be removed here.

- all this makes the airsoft models expensive in Germany. So it doesn't really pay off to buy something here.

(because of these reglementations it is almost impossible for us to get a full metal kit for GBBs to convert a ABS-GBB by yourself -> that's why we are so enthusiastic about the fine models you present in the picture threads :( )

And a third important thing regarding the F and the not allowed full auto:

You cannot bring any of your airsoft guns to Germany because they wouldn't have the F that allowes you to own this gun by the age of 18 without further permission. If the airsoft has no F, by law it is evaluated as a real weapon that needs weapon permission and registration (silly, but it is this way).

So regarding airsoft, Germany definitely is no good choice. Just move to a place near a border to a airsoft friendly country.

This is a rough overview on the problems you have to face as foreign airsoftplayer in Germany … it's a pitty.

Hope this helps a bit and gives some insight. ;)

Germany. The land of halfjoules and kiddie buttsecks. <_<

Seriously, if you want to stop aggression and failed painters, banning videogames and toy guns is NOT the best idea. It doesn't even fall in the "barely sound" category.

Archived