Airsoft shotgun to...NERF gun?

dirty mao

Alright lads, sounds stupid, I know. Here's my reasoning, though: I'll be attending a post-apoc LARP come spring time, and the gun combat is represented by NERF guns (I wish it were airsoft, but it's not in the cards for this go-around). Now, what I'd like to do is take a TM shotgun (Banelli, most likely), or a clone thereof, and mod it to fire NERF darts. Another mod to follow that will probably be to take an AEG mag and modify it to feed said darts and attach that to the gun, but first things first. Possible, impossible, suggestions? Also, don't bother posting if you think LARPing is stupid or whatever, I do not want to hear it.

The Badger hates to be a pessimist, but he doesn't think this is in any way feasible. The Action of the TM shotgun is much too complex. A much simpler idea would be to start with a nerf gun and modify it to look like a shotgun. The Badger would suggest the long shot as it already feeds off mags and kinda resembles a real gun.... (very kinda)

Shell-using shotguns where shell isn't amagazine (like the TM models) are a) expensive, B) either Tanaka or Maruzen and c) use gas. Also, one thing to remember, the shells are the -maximum- length that the shotgun action can handle. So a long NERF dart might not fit in the action anyway.

Well, except for that one chinese model, which is even using magazines.

I'm going to side with using a NERF gun instead of converting an airsoft.

203's are probably only way to do it without massive trouble.

One thing to remember; the feed system of the cheap springer shotties is set up for single 6mm BB. Trying to change that to, I think, 2 inch long minimum NERF dart is going to be major task.

And it will have nothing to do with fitting anything more expensive in the shell-using type.

Althought it occurred to me that combinin a Tanaka M870 and those Clarence Lai slugshells with tiny (on their scale) NERF dart might work, if you can somehow chamber the shells. Remember, there's only enough space in the action to handle the shotgun shell. And even that is more space than the CA870/derivatives (like DE) have in theirs.

Archived