Newbie looking to buy DPMs

Stuey

Hi guys

I think I've made my decision. I'n going to get a used combat jacket and trousers from Flecktarn. I want the ability to put on as much or as little as necessary underneath so I think this should be fine. Thanks mannequin skywalker but I think NBC suits might be a bit warm (and Bella confirmed that) and anyway I hate 1 piece suits - they're such a pain to get on and off.

Thanks everybody,

Stu

eBay is definately worth a look, I picked up an issue SAS smock for considerably less than anywhere else.

Alternatively if you can wait a bit get yourseelf to something like the war and peace show or to Duxford (not sure where you live) when theres an air show on theres always surplus stands there and there dirt cheap.

Hi guys

I think I've made my decision. I'n going to get a used combat jacket and trousers from Flecktarn. I want the ability to put on as much or as little as necessary underneath so I think this should be fine. Thanks mannequin skywalker but I think NBC suits might be a bit warm (and Bella confirmed that) and anyway I hate 1 piece suits - they're such a pain to get on and off.

Thanks everybody,

Stu

THEY are sperate jacket and trousers smock zips up and not a pullover wash em three times and they are fine

theoutdoors often have the market they are sister company of the UK contractor for Military textiles surplus. ( I know we buy in bulk direct from them, a sod when the trade supplier has a retail shop next door..lol)

Valiantsupplies.com have similar offers, we guarantee Graded 1 kit is exactly that.

We have offers on all the time in clearance/specials section depending on bulk coming in, with Flecktarn.co.uk you get exactly the same service, there kit is graded perfectly, in my day i'd never buy off anyone else... just now I'm trading alongside them (same industry I mean), I can never say a bad world about them.

We will be offering MOD discount on all British Surplus to all ArniesAirsoft members with 50 or more posts as soon as we have our Forum retail section... Its going to rock.

OK thanks to everybody who posted advice.

I placed my order on Flecktarn today for a used combat jacket and trousers.

We will be offering MOD discount on all British Surplus to all ArniesAirsoft members with 50 or more posts as soon as we have our Forum retail section... Its going to rock.

That sounds good...I'd better get posting I suppose :)

Stu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
theoutdoors often have the market they are sister company of the UK contractor for Military textiles surplus. ( I know we buy in bulk direct from them, a sod when the trade supplier has a retail shop next door..lol)

Bit of a necropost here, but as they don't frequent the forums, I suppose ought to leap to their defence. I met their (the Outdoors, I mean) sales manager, Mark Bayford, a few years back when I wrote a review of their operation for both Gun Mart, and my own (currently dormant) Practical Airsoft website.

He explained why they have both trade and retail outlets: It's part of the contract with the Ministry of Defence Disposals Agency (or whatever the heck that part of MoD is now called), the folks that sell the mass surplus to the civvy market. As part of their being a main source for the disposal of surplus kit from MOD, the agreement between MOD(DA) and Field Textiles requires that they have both trade as well as retail outlets. As a result, the retail arm of FTL is "The Outdoor".

Might I therefore suggest that next time, you check your facts, rather than have a snide dig at a competitor who is

(1) fulfilling their contractual obligations,

(2) who does not frequent these forums, and thus

(3) who therefore cannot defend himself?

A quick chat with the man, who is very friendly, would have allowed you to know why, without making it look like you were having a snide whine.

Archived