Tokyo Marui 'Hardkick' Desert Eagle

Tokyo Marui 'Hardkick' Desert Eagle (Part 1)

IMGP0785.jpg

Introduction: Many of us think the Desert Eagle is the strongest pistol in the world but, unfortunately, that title is already taken by S&W's M500 revolvers. Contrary to that, the Desert Eagle is more popular as it is portrayed in movies and games like Counterstrike (unfortunately there are no gold airsoft Desert Eagles at this time); but yet it is not used in any military branch in the world because of its sheer size and power which makes it anything but practical.

There are quite a few airsoft GBB Desert Eagles out there (I will refer to them as 'Deagles' from now on) like KWC (the only full auto one), HFC, Digicon and a couple others. I chose Tokyo Marui because of their amazing quality and attention to detail despite it being made almost completely out of ABS plastic.

Getting the gun: I got the gun from my local airsoft store for $195 including gas and bb's yesterday; fairly acceptable deal. I got to test fire it first (along with a KWA G23f) before I bought it so I knew what I was getting myself into :a-yesnod: .

First Impressions: I couldn't help but grin when I first picked up this beast. Having played with my Walther PPK pellet pistol for a year, the Desert Eagle was gargantuan. But there's nothing else I'd prefer from it. Perhaps it's just the size that attracts me to it.

It comes in a fabulous box which has a photo-texture:

IMGP0834.jpg

And upon opening the box, you are greeted with a Tokyo Marui brochure and an instruction manual. And below that, you'll see the gun itself with a magazine and a small bag of (what I heard) .25g BB's.

IMGP0791.jpgIMGP0788-1.jpg

Inspecting the Gun: I have to say, the chrome paint on this gun is, well, perfect. As you can see on some of the photos, its looks exactly like metal. It looks even better in real life. But since I got the display model, there were some oil smudges on it which actually makes it look more real.

The only metal parts are the Hammer, Trigger, Magazine, Takedown Lever, Magazine Release, Slide Release and the inside layer of the slide.

The grip is magnificently made. You could tell just by looking at it that its 'high quality'. It feels like rubber but I'm not really sure because if you tap it, it makes a plastic *thud* sound. Just another well made part of the gun.

Trademarks:

The left trades say "DESERT EAGLE .50AE PISTOL / ISRAEL MILITARY INDUSTRIES LTD. (I.M.I) "

The right trades say "MAGUNUM RESEARCH INC. MINNEAPOLIS MINN. / MADE IN JAPAN "

There are also some other words on the right hand side of the slide found on practically all TM pistols and AEG like "ASGK" and "TOKYO MARUI CO. LTD." and a serial number.

IMGP0801.jpgIMGP0799.jpg

The "Hardkick": I assure you that Tokyo Marui wasn't over-exaggerating when they decided to call this gun "hardkick". You won't believe it until you fire one yourself. The recoil is so great that no matter how tight you grip it (even with two hands), it will always be successful in jerking your wrist.

I've never felt or heard of any airsoft pistol stronger than this one.

IMGP0794.jpgIMGP0796.jpg

IMGP0806.jpgIMGP0810.jpg

To be continued...

Edited by Revenge Seeker

Tokyo Marui 'Hardkick' Desert Eagle (Part 2)

IMGP0803.jpg

Sound: The sound is very loud. I shot it in my little garden (secured by my house and a cement wall about 2 yards from each other) and the sound literally hurted my ears. Family members in my house complained about the sound... :a-grin:

Loading the magazine: Now if you watch video clips of this gun on youtube, you'll see that all the videos show people loading the bb's through the top of the magazine like most gun mags are supposed to be fed. Which is what the instructions recommend but I find my way, which the instructions consider the 'wrong way', a lot faster:

IMGP0815-1.jpg

This way is not the recommended way but it is alot quicker and you can easily let the BB drop in (like an AEG high cap) without having to push each in one by one which might ruin the plastic feeder.

*I've PMed some of the people who made the vids and they said they use my way in real life too. I guess they just wanted to show the "recommended" way: *

Hop-Up: The hop-up is located at the back of the front top piece of the gun and can be easily seen here:

IMGP0837-1.jpgIMGP0836-2.jpg

*Its just a push-pull type hop-up like a AK AEG and has the word "HOP ->" which you can't see because of the blurred pic...sorry about that.*

All you have to do is pull that half-cylinder piece back. :a-thumbsup:

Power & Accuracy: Honestly, I haven't chroned this but many reviews on the net state it to be at least 310 fps. As for accuracy, I am very impressed by it. I was able to the middle of a soda can from 70-85 feet away 10 shots in a role. Unfortunately, the blowback throws off your aiming if you're not used to it. After a while you'll become used to the blowback and will find a way to shoot accurately; ignoring the hardkick.

Build & Durability: Since it's a Tokyo Marui gun, the build is great. But also because of that, its not very durable. Don't get me wrong; it doesn't creak like most of their AEG's, its just weak. I mean if you drop it on hard ground, pieces will definitely be chipped off. After all, you are dropping plastic with 3+ lb on it; the impact would be too great for the 'less-than-dense' plastic.

IMGP0813-2.jpg

That's why I'd like to think of mines as a 'rare item' which is precious but I still use it to shoot...just very carefully... You know, something you take good care of and clean everyday. Very much like the real steel 'Limited edition Golden Desert Eagle' that is treated like a collectors item by their owners but still used for shooting.

Dissassembly: Its a very simple process. I've done it once but I don't like the idea of taking apart $200 for so reason. But if you really want to know how it strips, then I recommend this video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsTE25Lrqz8

Pros & Cons:

Pros: The "hardkick" is the main reason I, and most owners, buy this gun; especially when there are other Deagles with more metal content. It is definitely the funnest airsoft gun out there. Quality is another point to this since it looks so real! I don't know about you but I'd rather choose something authentic-looking than something with a cheap springer-look.

And even though its mostly plastic, there are no creaks or shakes in this gun. It is completely solid. Lastly, the paint gives off a little 'cold' to your hands which gives you the impression of holding a real gun. :a-grin:

Cons: The first con is the plastic content. Unfortunately, Japan has some "full metal" laws with their gun unless the gun serves useful for military or law-enforcement training. This, as we know, doesn't stop Marui from producing the most realistic replica's out there. They've literally taken plastic to a whole new level.

Other than the plastic, I notice the grips on my gun sort of creak every now and then. But rarely, you won't really notice it. All you have to do is squeeze it together and it becomes "rock-solid" again.

And the gas consumption is pretty high. I could only get 2 and a half mags from it; But considering that each mag holds 26+1 BB's, that's alot of shooting! :a-thumbsup:

Ratings:

Quality: 10/10

Durablility: 7/10

Range: 8.5/10

Looks: 10/10

Metal Content: 3.5/10

Last words: I have to admit, this gun is more than I wanted. I highly recommend it for anyone having even the slightest thought of buying one. The recoil is very appropriate for a replica of a awesome Desert Eagle. It also comes in Black (which is about $20-30 cheaper) if you don't prefer silver.

IMGP0822-1.jpg

And they lived happily ever after.... :wub:

Good review, but I'm fairly sure Marushin make a gold Deagle.

:zorro:

indeedy, its a NBB.

and i donn think the metal content is because japan's laws forbid it, i mean they've made the M14, AUG, type 89 etc. the reason it's plastic is because japan's FPS laws mean that you can only use 134a, which wont cycle metal slides well.

indeedy, its a NBB.

and i donn think the metal content is because japan's laws forbid it, i mean they've made the M14, AUG, type 89 etc. the reason it's plastic is because japan's FPS laws mean that you can only use 134a, which wont cycle metal slides well.

But the slide itself is basically metal with plastic outsides...

IMGP1473-1.jpg

IMGP1472-1.jpg

IMGP1471-1.jpg

Edited by Revenge Seeker

as a DE owner myself i understand that, but that metal frame wont weigh nearly as much as a zeke slide. a full zeke'd DE weighs i think over or around 2KG, and there is no way that a lump of metal like that will cycle well on 134A as green will put the gun over japan's 0.9J laws

Not a bad little review, despite your dodgy English grammar.

As mentioned above there is a Gold NBB Desert Eagle, also yours isn't painted it is plated.

It's a crime to run a TM Desert Eagle (Deagle? That's Gollum's brother) on anything less than propane. I hope that satisfies your curiosity. :P

HAHA.. you guys are hilarious. I don't really know if my grammar is off in the review but I usually have good grammar.

I still use GreenGas but since that's just propane plus silicone... yea... You get the most thrill with propane.. 134a is for the Japanese users. Sucks to be them.. :D

134a is for the Japanese users. Sucks to be them.. :D

Yeah, poor wretches. That's all they get!

here's the Japanese food pyramid:

........................./\

....................../.... \

..................../..rice..\

................../_______\

................/..................\

............../.......sushi.......\

............/_____________\

........../..............................\

......../..............134a............\

....../___________________\

:(

Illegal / Banned Subjects

You also cannot discuss anything that will help someone break the law in his or her locale. This includes the following...

* How to remove the Orange Paint from the muzzle of US replicas (or in other countries where it is a legal requirement)

:zorro:

here's the Japanese food pyramid:

You fogot Kobe beef!

Illegal / Banned Subjects

You also cannot discuss anything that will help someone break the law in his or her locale. This includes the following...

* How to remove the Orange Paint from the muzzle of US replicas (or in other countries where it is a legal requirement)

In the United States, it is illegal to sell an imitation firearm without an orange tip. It is legal for the end user to remove that orange tip.

Just like those "do not remove" tags on furniture.

In the United States, it is illegal to sell an imitation firearm without an orange tip. It is legal for the end user to remove that orange tip.

But on this forum, discussion about how to remove the orange tip is not allowed. We're talking about the forum rules, not the US law.

-Sale