Dirtside Atomic

Stealthbomber

Whenever I post this sort of thing I always wonder if maybe I'm the last person in the world to know about it but still... never mind.

Dirtside Atomic seems to be a sort of cybergoth CGI fanfilm thing. Kinda like Pure Pwnage with spaceships, guns and PVC.

I found it by accident and, I gotta say, it looks cool enough and professional enough that I thought I'd share it with you all.

In the back of my head there's a little voice telling me the only person who's going to be impressed by this is Belladonna. :unsure:

As an amateur film maker, I thought it was very impressive and professionally done. My only complaint is that the voice acting could do with some work.

Also, some ALL of the action scenes are a little... hackneyed.

the production is excelent, the actors are trying too hard to be a role, and sucking at it... theres no personality, or body to the voice acting... it feels disconected, and too jumpy imo.

R

Unfortunately, this happens a LOT in low-budget productions (including most of mine) because proper actors are hard to find and expensive.

Of all the things in that you want to poke holes in the acting?

1, Agent poodle? Do I have to make fun of that or will "Bwaahahahaah" do?

2, Quit hittin' yourself. And shooting yourself. And letting your battledroid hit yourself. And shoot yourself. And stab yourself..

3, George Dorrs as the Terminator and Riddick's lovechild.

4, You wanna run in goth boots, take what you get missus.

5, to miss-quote John Travolta do you mind not throwing grenades at the thermo-nuclear weapons?

6, No really quit hittin' yourself.

7 "I have confirmation the nova bomb has been activated" "you mean set to explode?" ITS A BOMB ITS WHAT THEY DO!

8 "Its a self replicating android, it can't be killed, but his hair grows about a mm a year..."

Bloody goths crossdress and go andro all the time, its disturbing :P

yeah, the acting was so wooden, it would have made a deadlier weapon than her fighting...

amateur actors can do VERY well, you just have to NOT try to act... when you TRY to act, you fail, for roles you must BECOME the character while on set/stage. Personality projection does help...all poodle managed to do was remind me of an old geography teacher, who we all assumed wandered around with a chalk eraser up her bum ><

R

I dunno...I thought the voice acting was OK...but then again Ive probably spent WAY too much time around poor quality anime subs.

Looked very cyberpunk, and although the superimposition was poor in places and the entire thing was pretty cheesy in its general acting, I kinda liked that. It had that 'Is it real, or is it Memorex?' cross-reality thing to it.

Filming was excellent, I think.

My only real dislike was the total lack of commitment from the 'aliens'. Girls, theres a thing you dont recognise with a gun that has more barrels than it has braincells...you have like 12 soldiers lined up with big guns...dont you think you should, like, SHOOT something? A lot?

Ill certainly be watching the rest when it becomes avsilable.

---

Edit:

I think anyone who likes Ghost In The Shell (especially SAC) or the REAL Aeon Flux (the cartoon) should get where this is coming from.

As an AV guy it looks decent enough for what it is. As a guy that has more than there fair share of goth friends, I have to say they should stop dressing those dudes up like ladies.

But then again, it's sci-fi so I support it completely. :D

You mean they were...*gulp*........chaps dressed like ladies?

I just thought they were really ugly women :unsure: .

Archived