instead of which should I.... which SHOULDN't I...

Ryan

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH NOES!!!

I've had my SG1 for a looong time now, and I must say, that the plastic body hasn't given me issues, even after landing on top of it. The creak is eleminated by putting ducttape over the contact points. The only issue that I have with it, is that the ROF sucks stock, but that long inner barrel makes a big difference when compared to others with the same upgrade. One more thing, if you are playing with it stock, it will outshoot a stock TM M16.

Nothing is wrong with MP5s as long as you don't plan on shooting anyone farther than 40ft away from you. 

KSC/KWA Glocks have been deemed unreliable.  KJW Glocks on the other hand are considered decent quality/solid/reliable.

40ft??? and i've only heard good things about glocks from ksc/kwa glock 17 topic

• 2 months later...
A few weeks?

I've had it months ;)

I don't use them for skirsmishing so they don't get used alot.

Thanks for laughing at people when their guns break though, real nice ;)

I really don't mean to be harsh. It's just a fact of life.

The Maruzen MP5k breaks when used on green. It's guaranteed.

Like, a couple of weeks ago a guy bought a KJW USP and started posting to say how his mags were leak-tight and he thought all the rumours about them leaking was just BS.

A week later I had to explain to him how to take them apart and repair them cos they were all leaking.

Your MP5K WILL break if you keep using it on green. I only hope you have the decency to come back and let us know so that other people who find this thread WILL get the full story. :)

The Maruzen MP5k breaks when used on green. It's guaranteed.

I emailed the guy who wrote the MP5K review on arnies, and after he stopped the spring coming off, his is fine on green gas to.

And since i very rarely fire it, and it doesn't really get fired outside so it can't get hot either ;)

I'll take my chances, i'll post when it breaks, lol ;)

I live on the edge with green gas, bad *albatross*, rawr. :D

And since i very rarely fire it, and it doesn't really get fired outside so it can't get hot either ;)

I'll take my chances, i'll post when it breaks, lol ;)

I live on the edge with green gas, bad *albatross*, rawr. :D

Must admit, I feel that way about stuff too. I have a couple of GBBs which are really 134a only guns but I use em on green simply cos I only shoot them rarely.

Just gotta hope for the best.

Top idea for a thread.  Yup, Antagon pretty much hit the nail on the head with his list.  I would also add to that...

• Maruzen MP5k GBB (unless you only want to run it on 134a Gas),

• TM Uzi (unless you just want a plinking gun)

• Western Arms Berettas (unless you have lots of money and want to upgrade it further - even then they're debatable),

• Western Arms Colts (unless you have lots of money and want to upgrade them further - then they're pretty good),

• Systema Training Rifle - First Version

There's probably a few more, but these should do for now.

There's nothing wrong with the TM Uzi.

It's a great gun!

It's not as solid as most TM aegs though, and the unique gearbox makes for difficult (costly?) repairs I would imagine.

Don't get me wrong, I've got one, but I've got a lot of TM aegs and it is the least solid feeling of them all, plus being so short and not being a bullpup design the range must be quite low, I've never tweaked the HOP on half my guns to be honest so I can't give accurate comparitive data unfortunately.

Better than other makes of SMGs in terms of build quality (the Maruzen micro UZI is very cool to fire, but sooooo plasticy), but comparably speaking you can do better from Marui (a P90 being the obvious choice, and it has that long barrel to boot).

I disagree, ok the range isn't the best, but i think it's great.

The build on it is very good, i wouldn't say it was weak.

What i will say though, is: Keep it stock, and then it'll last forever, and will be great.

Yes, the TM Uzi is hopeless on green.

:zorro:

Bwahahahahaha aherm...

From my own experiences, the KJ USP wasn't so bad. I did indeed experience the leak issues, like every other person in the world who owns one. You just have to have the O-rings replaced every once-so often, I had a friend do it since I am quite honestly **** with GBB. Barring that, it shot hard, and rather straight as well, with good blowback. The trigger bar breaking was something I never experienced however, so cant comment on that.

Now onto the TM MP5s-

In my opinion, the TM MP5 IS the stock workhorse. No stock gun has it beat in terms of durability. I have a collection going of TM MP5s, and all have been running flawlessly. My MP5k broke solely due to the fact I took it to someone who knew ****all about maintenance, and he timed the box wrong, and even then it continued to shoot, just not well. These guns are terribly solid as well, I've taken a forward fall on one of them, and it was absolutely fine, which is more than I can say for it's CA counterpart, inasmuch as I didnt even fall on that gun, I held it away from me, and it refused to load afterwards. While CA and ICS do have the metal bodies, I personally think the old incarnations of the CA MP5 were the worst AEGs in existence, and the ICS werent far. Hopefully they stepped it up with this new batch of B&T MP5s, as AE did with ICS's guns.

Ok, thats all the rant I have for now.

Please explain how your gearbox was timed wrong.

Anything for Sid I suppose...

Back before I knew how to work on mechboxes myself, I took it to someone to have it repaired. I didn't know that he didn't know too well what he was doing, it seemed to me as though he had experience. So I sat and watched as he took it apart and put it back together seemingly correctly. About a week later the problems kicked in. The gun wouldnt load happily, and was making terrible noises. Heres what was wrong:

1. The timing, as asked for by sid. The Sector gear had its nub (the small part that contacts the tappet plate) snapped off, and when I opened it, had the small area the nub would be in on a normal sector gear down in the 5 or 6 o'clock region. This means it was contacting the piston wrong, and I also believe the nub was broken off due to his test firing it on this horrid timing. The bevel gear as well was not engaged with the antireversal latch as it should've been.

2. Well, had the Bevel gear been timed right, it wouldn't have mattered, the Antireversal latch was left floating around in the mechbox, not installed properly at all.

3. The tappet plate was not notched in with the nozzle as it shouldve been.

So let that show you, only take your guns to people who have proven themselves to know what theyre doing, or do it professionally. Another option is to learn yourself, I was taught on this very mechbox by thegunrunner on these forums. I have pics I could dig up if you really want to see it.

• 1 month later...

Archived