Mac 10 for SEALs?

Vamp V^^V

My 2p...

I read a book bout the SOG in 'nam. They apparently had access to virtually any weapon they wanted..

High ROF, big .45 rounds and small size would be a good thing for self defence in bunkers or firebases..

Was this the one by John Plaster?

My 2p...

I read a book bout the SOG in 'nam. They apparently had access to virtually any weapon they wanted..

High ROF, big .45 rounds and small size would be a good thing for self defence in bunkers or firebases..

Right called the Grease Gun and Thompson...

Thats honestly the first evidence ive seen of the MAC10, everything ive read about Army Special Forces doesnt indicate that.

Ive read the Plaster Book, but havent scrounged up the $70 to buy the other picture book but i have been in the library for a few hours to look it over.

Excellent read by the way, alot of military books put me to sleep, this one kept me on my toes.

Although the truth is in Nam, im sure most every gun manufactured that was worth its weight made it into theater.

My pic comes from a joint training session between SEALs, Force Recon and what would go on to become Delta. Was at the end of the '70s developing skills for hostage rescue of passenger aircraft being taught by the Israelis and Germans IIRC.

The other pic looks like some vessel boarding.

Was it used in Vietnam. Dunno. :)

Thats honestly the first evidence ive seen of the MAC10, everything ive read about Army Special Forces doesnt indicate that.

There's an old set of Delta Force (presumably, they look too high-speed for normal Army or even Rangers) training photos from the late 70s, early 80s. Most of the team is using Walther MPKs, with two guys (or maybe one) armed with a Mac10 with a suppressor. Barne's and Noble sold a book called "US Special Forces" or something like that which featured the photo set prominantly. It had a gray cover and included the Army Special Forces (Green Berets), SFOD-D, and the SEALs.

There's an old set of Delta Force (presumably, they look too high-speed for normal Army or even Rangers) training photos from the late 70s, early 80s. Most of the team is using Walther MPKs, with two guys (or maybe one) armed with a Mac10 with a suppressor. Barne's and Noble sold a book called "US Special Forces" or something like that which featured the photo set prominantly. It had a gray cover and included the Army Special Forces (Green Berets), SFOD-D, and the SEALs.

Ill have to look for that one. The book im eyeing right now is Plaster's book SOG which is mostly pictures(alot of them).

• 3 months later...

I saw a pic of SEALs using MAC-10's in the First Gulf War in Soldier of Fortune around 1991-92. I don't have the issue anymore, but I remember it very clearly. I think you can order back issues from SOF.

The Osprey book "Greneda 1983" has pictures of Delta and SEAL operators using the MAC10 and Uzi.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived