Real Sword Type 97B Carbine

Reborn

And apparently now the Type 97 rifle and carbine are being made available to the North American civilian market as well. They fire in semi-automatic mode only, of course. I saw them at a Canadian distributor's website. The rifle sells for a little less than $1500.

Really? Yay!! Last I checked it was only available to Canadians.... Dirty Canadians... :P

Apparently US has some issues with Norinco products.

Really? Yay!! Last I checked it was only available to Canadians.... Dirty Canadians... :P

Apparently US has some issues with Norinco products.

You know why?

GPS. Military GPS Units.

Someone in the US got a contract to make lots of them for the US military, and being cheap, subcontracted their manufacture to NORINCO.

Within two months the PLA had lots of near identical units. Woops.

Type 97B would look much better if you replace the flash hider with a silencer....

Bugger, that was my idea aswell! Will have to get some picture's of real un's at the Olyimpic's this summer. Anyone know if RS's factory is anywhere near Beijing?

• 4 weeks later...

Just a small hint if somebody is interested in these Real Sword products, normally if you buy from Gunnerairsoft or UNCOMPANY or any other trading companies out there, why dont you just buy straight from the source ;) Min order qty is 1 carton thats like 2 or 3 pcs im sure you can find a friend to buy with and cut the middleman and save some hard earned cash. If you are smart im sure its easy to find who actually makes those ;) but i wont advertise here as i know Links are not allowed.

Archived