New vest help

evansy

I need a new vest and have narrowed it down to two. Either the PANTAC Light Weight PC(Weesach-alike) and the PANTAC MBSS Vest

All I'll be carrying on the vest is mags (about 8 m4 mids) water and my radio so they wont be massively overloaded but what I'm after is opinions on the vests from people who own them or the vests their copyed off.

I'm not going after a specific look so I dont want any "get mbss it am sealz vests" or anything like that I just want to know how they are to use.

The weesatch is nice in that it already has an integrated map pocket along with integrated mag pouches. The downside to the integrated mag pouches is you can't get rid of them. The MBSS will allow you to customize your setup more, but it will also cost you more since you have to purchase additional pouches.

For me I started out with a weesatch and loved it, although eventually I felt the built in mag pouches were limiting the way I could customize my gear to suit my needs. I now run a Woosatch and haven't looked back. If you feel the need to mount more pouches on the front of the weesatch, my advice is don't. It sticks out too much and makes stayin the prone position a bother.

Yeah I agree on the Weestach. I have the Guarder version and It's pretty nice, durable and holds lots of mags (I carry 2 more in the radio/grenade pouch in addition to the mag pouches) without losing any MOLLE space. Then you only have to buy accesory pouches. Going prone is a little painful though.

I dont know about the copy of the weesatch, but I think you can sinch the real one so that all the integrated pouches are virtually flat. Either way the only mags it doesnt carry are g3 mags. Everything else it just eats up

The weesatch is nice in that it already has an integrated map pocket along with integrated mag pouches. The downside to the integrated mag pouches is you can't get rid of them. The MBSS will allow you to customize your setup more, but it will also cost you more since you have to purchase additional pouches.
The cost of extra pouches isnt much of a problem as I already have as many mag pouches as I need on my other molle stuff

I dont know about the copy of the weesatch, but I think you can sinch the real one so that all the integrated pouches are virtually flat. Either way the only mags it doesnt carry are g3 mags. Everything else it just eats up

That is a bit of a problem then as I use an M14 some of the time and if the 'satch cant carry 7.62 mags it kinda rules it out unless anyone can confirm that you can close off the integrated mag pouches as I can see them flapping about a bit with 4 M14 hicaps attached to the front.

MBSS for sure, 4 Dbl M4 Mag pouches across the front, Dbl Pistol pouch on the top. a Water carrier and radio holder in the back. Get a M.A.P and you have a water carrier and a little GP Pouch. if your into the sub load thing, rock an Utility leg panel, Maybe and GP pouch Extra M4, M203, Pistol, May options. Light fighter

My personal experience with an Weesatch, I had a 3l water bladder on the back, it tended to pull the Weesatch down in the back and up in the front, I couldn't weight the front side down enough to equal out the balance. Even with a full mag load, two Dbl Pistol pouches and a GP pouch.

The Weesatch does have a little more real estate then then the MBSS,but your running light, go with the MBSS

Just my .02

My personal experience with an Weesatch, I had a 3l water bladder on the back, it tended to pull the Weesatch down in the back and up in the front, I couldn't weight the front side down enough to equal out the balance. Even with a full mag load, two Dbl Pistol pouches and a GP pouch.

That's odd. Are you sure you had the sides adjusted well? I had a 3L bladder, few thin paperback textbooks (plates) in the back and 8 midcaps up front along with 2 pistol mags and a radio and had no problem with the balance.

Could've also been that you didn't have the essential shoulder pads.

MBSS for sure, 4 Dbl M4 Mag pouches across the front, Dbl Pistol pouch on the top. a Water carrier and radio holder in the back. Get a M.A.P and you have a water carrier and a little GP Pouch. if your into the sub load thing, rock an Utility leg panel, Maybe and GP pouch Extra M4, M203, Pistol, May options. Light fighter

That's quite a lot you have listed there on his MBSS for a "LightFighter." I'm positive you cant fit that much on there as well. Why would he want a M.A.P. (You're talking about an HSGI modular admin pouch right?)? Is he doing heavy admin work?

Modular Assault Pack

Is there a clone Woosatch out there? I got a decent deal on the HSGI Weesatch and really enjoy it, although it's true that you can't mount very much on top of the integrated pouches due to comfort. Then again, I can't figure out how some of you run around with fully decked out CIRAS sets, either. Anyway, I only added an admin pouch and a general purpose pouch to my carrier and it's been balanced with the Camelbak reservoir in the back.

I was also looking at getting either a VBSS carrier or one of the Woo,Wee,Waa/Woohoo carriers - then I realized that Tactical Tailor actually has a decent-looking Modular Plate Carrier.

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/index.asp?Pa...D&ProdID=81.

I've had their other gear (mag pouches, slings, range bags), and their stuff is easily as solid as Eagle, but without the cost. I'm thinking about getting their MPC as a backup/replacement to my CIRAS - if I get it, I'll review it. ^_^

.... I can't figure out how some of you run around with fully decked out CIRAS sets, either.

Cause it's cos-sim (costume play-military simulation), man. You GOTTA look like either Special Forces or those hardcore contractors in Metal Gear Solid 4. XD

I was also looking at getting either a VBSS carrier or one of the Woo,Wee,Waa/Woohoo carriers - then I realized that Tactical Tailor actually has a decent-looking Modular Plate Carrier.

The TT MPC is pretty darn new. I hear it's very comfy though.

for minimized plate carriers like you're talking about, i prefer the Diamondback tactical plate carrier over the TT plate carrier. Shoulder pads seemed more comfortable to me, and the vest itself seems more substantially built (in case the drag handle ever has to be used). side panels are available too.

http://www.diamondbacktactical.com/Fast-At...ier-P46C85.aspx

FAPC is pretty popular with marine corp, a few special forces been spotted with them as well. it's a good alterternative to the MBSS i think... it's not as gucci and it doesn't have quite as much PALS, but for 90 bucks its a pretty damn good deal.

for minimized plate carriers like you're talking about, i prefer the Diamondback tactical plate carrier over the TT plate carrier. Shoulder pads seemed more comfortable to me, and the vest itself seems more substantially built (in case the drag handle ever has to be used). side panels are available too.

http://www.diamondbacktactical.com/Fast-At...ier-P46C85.aspx

FAPC is pretty popular with marine corp, a few special forces been spotted with them as well. it's a good alterternative to the MBSS i think... it's not as gucci and it doesn't have quite as much PALS, but for 90 bucks its a pretty damn good deal.

Someone used to make a replica FAPC, or something very similar in appearance. I haven't been able to find one floating around though. Can anyone help me out?

In general, I prefer the MBSS. It carries everything you need (mags, water) and nothing you don't. In addition, it is fairly cool in the summer, at least my cheapo MBSS is.

Someone used to make a replica FAPC, or something very similar in appearance. I haven't been able to find one floating around though. Can anyone help me out?

In general, I prefer the MBSS. It carries everything you need (mags, water) and nothing you don't. In addition, it is fairly cool in the summer, at least my cheapo MBSS is.

I was going to pick up a FAPC and basically desk it out with pistol pouches and an general purpose pouch to serve as my MP7 rig.

This might be what you're after.

Archived