Heer Loadout and where to get it

jimbothepainter

I'm just starting to develop an interest in the WW2 themed gaming and interested in the Heer standard German infantryman look. Can anyone point me in the right direction for the reference and where to get the replicas. From what I can see the pricing can be very expensive so I want to make sure I get the right bits of kit.

Have got genuine helmet (having new leather liner and strap made at the moment)

Got obligatory Mp40 (Bakelite) and 3 spare mags

Ordered Heer belt and buckle from Militaria Mart which should be here this week

I can make do with look a like for my first game for the rest of my kit, but if I enjoy it and want to continue I'd like to see what to go for. Was thinking a water bottle would be a wise next purchase :)

Thanks for any advice given

Jimbo

Welcome to the world of WW2 airsoft. For a basic kit i'd say you'd need a tunic & trousers next, plus some MP40 pouches (any maybe some more mags), breadbag (usful for keeping ammo in) and some Y straps to hold it all up. Your best bet for reference and advice is of course the CIA website & forums. There are basic kit guides on the site for a look a like impression or more detailed advice on the forum itself, just ask if you're not sure.

As for sourcing kit it depends how much you want to spend. For very cheap stuff you're usually looking at post war Swedish or Austrian kit but the price difference between that and decent repro kit is minimal these days. For accurate kit I can recommend Barry Lyndon at Spearhead (non UK)or Militaria.net in the UK if you're prepared to pay a bit more. As with all things though it pays to keep an eye out for second hand sales.

I'm just starting to develop an interest in the WW2 themed gaming and interested in the Heer standard German infantryman look. Can anyone point me in the right direction for the reference and where to get the replicas. From what I can see the pricing can be very expensive so I want to make sure I get the right bits of kit.

Have got genuine helmet (having new leather liner and strap made at the moment)

Got obligatory Mp40 (Bakelite) and 3 spare mags

Ordered Heer belt and buckle from Militaria Mart which should be here this week

I can make do with look a like for my first game for the rest of my kit, but if I enjoy it and want to continue I'd like to see what to go for. Was thinking a water bottle would be a wise next purchase :)

Thanks for any advice given

Jimbo

Well, I would tend to say that ebay.de is always a good scource for german WW2 stuff of all kind. One can find a lot of stuff there, and shipping is relatively cheap, compared to UK prices. Some german Online-Shops have also good quality Copies nowadays. But please be aware that german federal law resticts the use of any Nazi related Insignia, other then for artisic or filming purposes. This means by getttin your stuff from germany e.g. that even, the common Battledress Eagle nor any other insignia will include swastikas. Which might be annoying for reenactors...but is common sense in germany.

Btw. the expression "HEER" -> ( one german expression for ARMY ) is only used for postwar german landforces. During WW2 it was called "Wehrmacht" -> (Defence Forces) often mistaken as an expression for the overall german forces including the "Luftwaffe" and the "Marine" (Luftwaffe = Airforce /Marine = Navy.... not Marines or something simillar)

....After WWI it was called "Reichswehr" wich one could loosly translate as (Empire-Defence)

Another often mistaken fact ist that, different than in the US or UK, the german "Fallschirmjäger" (Paratroopers) belonged to the Airforce not to the Wehrmacht, even if most of the volounteers came from Wehrmacht units, and there was a short time in the early 40ies when even the Wehrmacht had a Para-Detachment, that soon became part of the Luftwaffe.

I found this at the comrades in arms website...looks like a good resource for kitlists.

Head

• M35 Helmet: £45 – EB (MN, RAU, NM, SoF)

• Splinter/white reversable helmet cover: £14 – MN (EB, RAU, NM, SoF)

Uniform

• M40 Pattern Tunic: £40 – SH (MN, EB, RAU, NM, SoF)

• M37 Pattern Trousers: £30 – SH (MN, EB, RAU, NM, SoF)

Insignia

• Collar insignia: £10 SoF (MN, RAU, NM, RS)

• Chest eagle: £4 - SoF (MN, RAU, NM, RS)

• Feldgrau shoulder boards with white edging: £10 MN (RAU, NM, SoF, RS)

Feet

• German low boots: £75 - EB (NM, SoF, RAU). (Cut down British Army boots are a cheap alternative.)

• Repro gaiters: £4 – ZP (SS)

Belt Order

• Leather belt: £20 – MN (SoF, RAU, NM)

• Heer Belt Buckle: £15 – MN (RS, SoF, RAU, NM)

• 2 x MP40 magazine pouches: £25 – SoF (MN, RAU, NM)

• Leather Y-straps: £30 – MN, (SoF, RAU, NM)

• Bread bag: £12 – SS (MN, SoF, RAU, NM)

• Mess tins and strap: £5 – ZP (SS, MN, RAU, NM, SoF)

• Water bottle and cover: circa £40 - EB (SoF, RAU)

• Gasmask Tin and straps £50 – SoF (MN, RAU, NM)

• Zeltbahn quarter: £32 - MN (SoF, RAU, NM)

• Zeltbahn straps: £4 each - MN (SoF, RAU, NM)

Weapons

• ACM MP40: £100 - AH (RSOV)

• MP40 Sling: £12 – MN (SoF, NM ,RAU)

http://ww2airsoft.org.uk/zoom/axis-heer.html

If you check out the sellers on the CIA forum, The Reich Stuff does a very good starter kit for £150 - trousers, smock, hat, gaiters, belt, MP40 pouches I think. Basically add black boots and a weapon and you're Heer (he does the same deal for Para and SS as well).

I've bought kit from him and it's decent stuff at a reasonable price.

Thanks for your replies guys. I've decided to get on with my first WW2 skirmish, and see how I get on with it, before I get much more kit. Having said that, the first game for me is at the begining of July and just after a week later I'll be going to the War and Peace show so I fear for the health of my wallet ;)

Thanks for your replies guys. I've decided to get on with my first WW2 skirmish, and see how I get on with it, before I get much more kit. Having said that, the first game for me is at the begining of July and just after a week later I'll be going to the War and Peace show so I fear for the health of my wallet ;)

Oh kiss goodbye to that cash, still you should find a lot of nice bits of kit there. BTW have a look at the for sale section on CIA. ptepile has put up a lot of nice kit. not too expensive either.

Btw. the expression "HEER" -> ( one german expression for ARMY ) is only used for postwar german landforces. During WW2 it was called "Wehrmacht" -> (Defence Forces) often mistaken as an expression for the overall german forces including the "Luftwaffe" and the "Marine" (Luftwaffe = Airforce /Marine = Navy.... not Marines or something simillar)

Wrong! The Wehrmacht covered all forces. Individually, they were Heer (army), Luftwaffe (air force) and Kriegsmarine (navy). The SS were originally not part of the Wehrmacht, but came under its control (to a certain extent) during the war. Trust me, I've been doing that ###### for decades ;)

There is no problem at all with wearing any "nazi" insignia in the UK, although some pillocks in Brussels are trying to make it so.

To answer the original poster, get down the library and look at some books, and I would also recommend Anthony Hole at www.militaria-net.co.uk and also Chris Hobbs at www.northernmilitaria.com

You should also join the axis re-enactors forum at http://panzergrenadier.net/forum . Lots of good lads there who will make sure you get the right information :)

My wool Heer kit.

K98K by Tanaka, leather gear and boots bought from At the Front, Feldbluse from Lost Battalions, trousers from Hong Kong Keith on EBay, helmet a repro from EBay, breadbag, messkit, and zelt from Hessen Antiques, waterbottle from SoF.

100_0506.jpg

100_0503.jpg

Looks very good :D My only criticism (very tiny) is that your zelt quarter needs to be rolled so it's less wide across your back. Oh, and get yourself a gas mask tin :)

Got one, just realized I didn't have it on. :angry: Zelt is big because normally I wear it in the field for camo purposes.

Macragge, i carry mine ready for wear but it still rolls up tighter.

You might already do this but button it up ready for use as a poncho then fold the arms/sides in to the centre then roll it..

DSC01966.jpg

and yes i know by bread bags slipped to the other side :)

DSC00230.jpg

DSC00231.jpg

PqUaUPA-aae58fc6dab8a73fe7385022744.jpg

PqTpEer-aae58fc6dab8a73fe7385022744.jpg

Archived