Western Arms GBB M4 CQB-R for sale in the UK!

Inq Eisenhorn

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I picked mine up for £320 in Guernsey, they say with VAT and everything including postage it would be £385

You getting it posted to you? Current import fees are 25.5% from the channel islands which means that it will cost you £401.60

And you have to add at least £10 postage.

So you are looking at £410 shipped to the UK. Channel islands are not part of the EU, so you pay full import duties.

FWIW, the easiest way to work out VAT is

Price x 1.175 or price / 1.175

;)

Umm... I didn't get what you meant with the smiley, so allow me to clarify:

Price / 1.175 gives you any UK price without the VAT. This is the correct way.

A common mistake is to deduct the VAT like this: Price x 0.825.

Price x 1.175 tells you nothing if you're comparing prices within the UK (all including VAT already). It's handy for calculating how much VAT you will pay if you're getting a parcel from outside of the EU.

-Sale

Price x 1.175 tells you nothing if you're comparing prices within the UK (all including VAT already). It's handy for calculating how much VAT you will pay if you're getting a parcel from outside of the EU.

A lot of retailers display pre-VAT prices. They do that so that a person who can claim VAT back can see how much they'll be paying. Course, it's also a slippery way to appear that you're offering cheaper prices as well.

I just meant that multiplying or dividing by 1.175 was a bit more straightforward than dividing by 117.5 and multiplying by 100 (or whatever :unsure:).

Archived