TM MK23 sniper?

gunnermaniac

you seek what cannot be bought.

If your diy skills are good you can fashion your own stock.

I had a play doing it, but havent gone back to start a MKII, find the sniper pistol thread some things in there might interest you.

I might get round to making mine this year, trouble was blending the hand grip with a detachable T-bar style stock, although i now own a dremel :D so might do it. I have already grafted a bit of rail on the slide for a red dot sight, played a few games like that, that worked ok.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I've added a nineball purple hop rubber and 303mm tightbore barrel to my Mk23 however not only is it only kicking out 280fps (16-17*C) with green gas, the hop bar and dial refuse to work with the hop rubber (not even marginal compression of the hop rubber no despite being sited correctly). Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it?

By the way, thank you for the inspiration on this topic, I found this thread just as I was considering selling my Mk23. :blink:

Phooobs !!!

Check that the pressed metal hop actuating arm thing has not been bent, they are pretty flimsy, and can benefit from being reshaped a little to press harder onto the bucking.

Even if the hop is off, you should be getting well over 300 on green... The long barel 5.1 was doing about 325 on Sunday :)

My stock length '23 gives 320 on propane, but I have ported the mag valves for a bit more go...

Phooobs !!! Check that the pressed metal hop actuating arm thing has not been bent, they are pretty flimsy, and can benefit from being reshaped a little to press harder onto the bucking.

Yup, that was my first thought as well. I've given up on the hop rubber after tinkering with it last night and have resorted to the old TM one supplied, not sure on how it is performing at present but I will later when I'm home. Cheers Spags. :)

If you put a stock G-spec barrel in the TM version and run on Red Gas (High pressure propane) you will hit 440 fps or more with no problem. You must mod the mags (obviously) But the gun will cope with it without modification, accept you have to shorten the barrel or drill the silencer thread housing to get the barrel through. I used the original hop bucking which was fine but it only had about 90 rounds through it so I cant comment on the longgevity of it. I could not get a stock to work so I abandoned the project.

But I do still have the TM magazine I used originally, It blew the seal out instantly with red gas but propane proof ones are fine with red. So if you want a mag to try out the super gas it just needs sealing and a new O-ring. PM me if interested. :P

Archived