Employee Harassment

kliskey

Well I spoke to the head man today, as I went in to see another colleague. And he told me not to worry. And to just send him the email, be it finished or not, he'll read over it tomorrow, and then when my shift finishes tomorrow, he will have a longer chat with me :)

Sounds semi promising. I also told him that it isn't "really" in my interest to take this out of the hotel (which is a minor lie) but then again, if it can be sorted with in the hotel then I'm all for it.

Two things can come from that however;

1. He will start treating me even worse in retaliation.... Or will just treat me differently as if I have special needs.

.....Or

2. He will see that actually, us lowbie staff still have a saying in what goes on, and that he cant treat us like ###### with out consequence :)

The latter would be better. At the end of the day, I am generally a very forgiving person. So hopefully that wouldn't allude anyone into thinking that I have control.... I don't want that, far from it. I just want him to think be for he acts! Like a Cock....

If all else fails chin the *badgeress*,

ok not constructive on a serious note taking him outside/to oneside and explaining exactly whats going on and what your not happy and how his attitiude and actions are affecting your work the important part is keeping calm and not going off into a rant. This may help and may just be the kick back into reality that he needs, some people dont even realise that they are doing it and may be just oblious to the whole situation.

Take someone with you as a witness to this. That way you cant be bullied or he cant lie or glaze over the fact that it happenned. Dont take someone junior to him but take someone on the same level or senior preferably someone who does not like him.

That way if nothing changes then if you do escalate it further you have proof that you tried to sort the problem without just jumping straight to heads of departments/management. Makes you look all responsible.

I have a suggestion. How about you forget about writing this letter entirely and just try to find another job. When you start applying for another one A.) you're automatically going to look better already having a job and B.) if you send out this letter you probably won't be able to use him as a reference. I mean this guy was promising you a promotion so he must have some liking towards you. It would be a shame to martyr yourself like this and take out 6.5 months of material you can put on your resume.

Just my $0.02.

I like the tape recorder idea. They have ones that fit into pens now. Unfortunatly in Brazil I'm guessing they management could give two craps. Best bet is to record it and give it to his supervisors supervisor. Mail it with a letter and no return address explaining the problems.

Lol. Thanks for clearing that up Spedz :lol:

Well, I sent the letter in, even though I had considered otherwise. (Why didn't I listen to the little lady on my other shoulder <_< )

I sent it to the head of the hotel and although I asked to remain anonymous, the first thing the guy did was hand it over to my boss (the cock) and say "Rob wrote this" lol

The next day I was pulled from my position and had the most awkward 30 minute meeting off my life.....

The good thing though, is that it hasn't backfired, and he isn't treating me like a child any more, nor is he treating me differently.... But he does seem to have a nervous twitch now, when ever he talks to me.... :unsure:

We shall see what happens in the next few weeks ^_^

i know at least here your boss's boss is bang out of order for handing that over. here you could sue him for breach of confidentiality if you get any retaliation from the cock in question as if he agreed to keep it anonymous then you have a verbal contract.

Join a union mate, the TGW have an online sign up. Costs £15 a month but you get among other things free legal so if it blows up again just give em a call(Its even a freephone number=win) and they go all through everything with you.

Its what I did last time I had a problem at work that i felt the managment didnt want to help with.

Archived